1911Forum banner

Taurus PT1911 picture thread!

611K views 807 replies 437 participants last post by  pbraceguns 
#1 · (Edited)
There seem to be enough people here that own the PT1911 to start a picture thread :)

Please keep coments to min. tnx

First 10 peaple to post a pic get a free pat on the back... :biglaugh:

EDIT: I already ordered my PT1911SS and will sure post some pics when I get it! :rock:

#62 ·

I love this gun!

#71 ·
I'm jealous, and I have a stainless steel Taurus.

#72 ·

Magazines from left to right are Taurus, Taurus, Springfield, Springfield, Springfield, Wilson Combat.

#77 ·
New grips

#78 ·
Just bought her a few hours ago and already installed the new grips.

#80 ·
Omagaman, you DO know those are Delta medallions on those grips, right?

For a second there I though Taurus finally came out with the PT 1911 in .40 and you had the barrel reamed for 10mm.

I dunno. Grips like that belong on a Delta Elite. Not bashing you or the Taurus as I think they make a decent 1911's unlike some others on this site. Just saying.

#81 ·
HiV:

Yes, I know they are Delta Elite medallions, but I thought they gave homage more to the UNIT that they were made for, not the Colt company.

I had them laying around the house, I need grips made anyway, so I said, what the hell!

Besides, if I ever get a 10mm I can just throw them on that. Haha!

Fooled you! I guess this is the ultimate April Fools pistol, huh? lol.

- OmegaMan

#82 ·
My SS PT1911 with some grips I made. The grips are quarter sawn sycamore with a danish stain.

#84 ·
[

Here is mine, Blued with blacked out Billboard, Wilson Combat extended safety and slidestop, Fusion Ejector, and Leapard wood grips. I want to do a series 80 delete, new hammer/hammer strut/sear, and ejector, Also, I want to do a Bear Coat finnish.
Did you re-blue cause you needed to? i.e. the original blue was wearing thin? My bluing is almost gone on the muzzle end of the slide from holster wear and the rest isn't holding up to well either :biglaugh:
How does that cold blue stuff work?

Sorry for hijacking the pic thread

#85 ·
Nah, I just blued the lettering. I also have had to touch up the blueing in a few spots, but not to harsh. This is why I want to go with a refinish with a Teflon coating.

Anyways the cold bueing stuff is pretty easy to use and comes with instructions. Just make sure you wear rubber gloves when you do it, cause if that stuff gets on your hands, it is impossible to get the smell out. It's cheap and effective so give it a try.

#90 ·
Colt Delta owners may disagree. It's a registered trademark.
According to the patent office, trademarks issued prior to 1989 last twenty years. Those issued after 1989 last ten years. They may be renewed for ten years at a time after the initial license expires. Colt may, or may not, have a current trademark on the Delta Elite symbol, or it may have a more comprehensive image trademarked. In the latter case, the emblems may, or may not, represent infringement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.