1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Saw this on Vickers Tactical/Larry Vickers facebook page. All it said was "teaser" or sneak peek something.

Is this a collaboration of Larry's specification on a gun built by Wilson Combat? I'm sure WCR is held to sworn secrecy until its official release. It looks nice though.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Larry Vickers Tactical:

Armor Tuff Black/Gray
Gold Bead Front Sight
Medium solid trigger in black
Bullet-proof thick bushing
Larry Vickers signature grips
One piece bulletproof round butt magwell
Ball end mill cuts
Caliber 45 ACP or possibly 10mm
Standard LAV $250 upcharge :biglaugh:

In all seriousness I respect the heck out of the guy. I'm glad he is getting another potential signature model

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Definitely found the right folks to build it. Just will be interesting to see how the backlog will shape up.

Any way you slice it, a great, if perhaps overdue, collaboration.

AC

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
A fine looking 1911.

My guess, however, is that most Wilson enthusiasts prefer to choose their own spec details.

Curious to see what others think.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
A fine looking 1911.

My guess, however, is that most Wilson enthusiasts prefer to choose their own spec details.

Interesting perspective, yes.

I suspect you may be on to something in that that "enthusiasts" will continue to chart some different paths, but I do think thatr this piece will hold very strong appeal to real shooters. I don't say that in quite the way that it might otherwise be received coming from me, but this is an excellent example of a gun built for a clear purpose. A configuration selected by someone who actually knows the gun, what it needs, and what it doesn't in order to truly maximize the potential of the 1911. More than a mere working tool, but less than just another a senseless showpiece.

Definitely one to separate the gazers from those who are actually out there getting after it.

AC

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
A fine looking 1911.

I agree. Unless I'm missing something, like a roll mark, specific serial number or those grips costing $250 aftermarket, it wouldn't be cost efficient. Which cost doesn't matter to some and isn't as large of a factor when you get into this class of 1911.

The good thing about Wilson is you can essentially make any gun you want with any base model.

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Other than the grips, it appears to have almost the same specs as what I choose for my tactical SG ... gold bead FS, FCS , mag well, heavy barrel bushing, etc. Of course we cannot see the other side or the top/rear views in the pics ... probably similar to Larry's SG build detailed on Wilson's website.

My thinking (with the above comment) is that these are very common specs for Wilson owners, although some choose to avoid the FCS. So I'm just curious how much the LAV name will add to the value (among Wilson owners).

Of course, there may be more to the story than what I'm perceiving at around my bedtime!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Is it SG or CQB based? Unless it has a specific rollmark on the other side (and I'm guessing it probably does) anyone could pick a Wilson model and have it spec'd this way.

My take is that something like this is good for people who need some guidance on the options, pretty much the same thing that the BW Carry does. I feel that most Wilson customers will probably opt to create their own.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Its a nice gun, but I wouldn't pick one up. I am not into the color scheme, nor do I like ball end mill cuts with fcs still there. I am more apt to drop the ball end mill cuts and leave the fcs.

If they do a limited run with certificates then people will buy them for the collector value.

·
Super Moderator
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think it's very tastefully done, well thought out parts and because it's a Wilson, the FITMENT is going to be good and tight.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Uh oh. Fitment rears its head again. :rofl:

·
Registered
714 Posts
In related news, Hackathorn mentioned they were making one with his selected specs as well. His gun will have more BBQ on it than this gun (he told us what he asked for in specs).

Gold inlay signature and ivory? Damn right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts