1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
I've always been a big fan of the subdued looking "business" pistol. That is a very clean, NICE looking pistol. :cool:

I've never seen less than stellar from Ted.:)

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
who is Ted Yost? Some young upstart? Looks like with a little more practice he might make a decent pistolsmith someday.:cool:

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Nice looking gun. Ted does great work. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
From Ted's WS, I guess the port doesn't get the flare either? The base gun in this pict. is an s80 so it was lowered from the factory.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The ejection port is of course lowered - the photo's lighting makes it a little hard to see. Flaring back a port on a working gun is rather like including many other available "options" . If you want it, and it's not unsafe, it will certainly be considered. It wasn't requested on this job. Knowing the day's round count was over 500 before the photos were taken, I'm not too surprised by the lack of brass marking on the slide. Not to stir up a can of worms, but maybe a flared port isn't all that necessary in a properly set up gun...;)

The trigger is a Greider short aluminum.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Fantastic!

I am going to send a gun to Ted Yost, some day.

Note to self, quit buying new guns, save money to send one that I already have to Ted Yost.

WJR

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
P.S. I was just stating the obvious; there was no intention to evaluate Ted’s work. Mr. Yost has earned our respect as a master pistolsmith.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The holster and mag carrier are from Lou Alessi. The holster is a special design for Ted's Operator pistol. Very nice leather...

The grips are micarta, but I don't know who made them. Ted will have to tell us that.

The pistol had 500+ rounds thru it before those photos were taken, and it was 100% reliable and very accurate.

As always, Ted does great work and his attention to detail is amazing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the post Mark. Nice gun.

I just got off the phone with Ted and have initiated the process, as it goes.

He owes you a beer as it was your post that got me off my backside. I was trying to decide between three smiths... After my conversation with Ted I know I made the right choice.

Do you have a Pic of the left side of the gun??

Thanks,

Kip

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Now that is one of the best looking guns I've seen in a long time!

Congratulations Madman and Ted, thats awesome work.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts