1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a used one of these in a local shop for 499.00. It looked pretty cool, it seemed to be a commander sized or smaller with a bull barrel and several ports in the barrel and slide. Almost tempted but thought I would ask you guys first.

Is it a good pistol?
Reliable?
Do ports cause too much confusion?

wazzup

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just traded a V10 not too long ago,,,,but it wasn't because I disliked the gun. I would have loved to keep it, but I wanted a double-stack for USPSA matches.

Anyway, I loved it, it was a great little gun, shot well, was reliable, and with the porting you are able to recover shot to shot as well as with a full size in my opinion.

I never had problems with the porting causing confusing or any over vision related problems and I shot it indoors and sometimes in subdued lighting,,,,just keep focused on the front sight and the gases are vented at such a high velocity they are above the sight plane for your sight before they really flame up. Indoors, it was significantly louder, but that was expected with a ported gun.

The only problem I ever had was in the first trip to the range, the rear sight worked its way loose and fell off,,,,,it is nothing a little blue locktite couldn't handle.

Thanks,
H4444

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Not real impressed with porting on a self defense gun (including Glocks). Have fired these up against cardboard target backing before and the results were pretty impressive in ripping the cardboard to peices. Really don't know how cardboard compares to human skin, but in a life and death situation I really don't want to be concerned with "having" to have my pistol pointed at a 90 degree position from my body.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts