i dont know why, but i know i cant find one

how do you like yours?

·
Registered
144 Posts
i think i want a 22tcm/9mm combo

how do you like yours?
Mine had a mag feed problem when I first got it but Armscor fixed that for me and has run fine ever since.

The .22TCM is a really interesting round that packs a punch with little recoil. Ammo is generally not hard to find.

I usually run mine in 9mm mode but it’s not hard to switch at the range.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you reload it? how difficult it, normally not covid times, to find brass/bullets?

i have also read someplace that you can put a 38 super barrel in and run it

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've had both the pistol and rifle . the pistol was awesome wish I never had sold it . I still own the rifle very nice setup for me . I had the barrel cut down to 18" and treaded for a suppressor that I had for my .223 ruger mini. it is one of my favorites to shoot ,don't even need ear muffs , it sounds less than a 22short. very accurate up to 100 yds. , not pin point or hole on hole but it will put them in the bulls eye.
as for a pistol it is a blast to shoot and you will only shoot it without muffs only once (ask me how I know) . it is a fireball at night it still amazes me at a 2ft fireball
you will be pleased with the 1911 22TCM , but don't pass on the rifle either if you get a chance to get.
I don't reload ammo is not hard to find and last I bought it was 28.00 per box a couple months ago

·
Registered
163 Posts
Love mine. Started with one of the first shipment double stacks. Gave it to stepson. Missed it. Replaced it with 4.25" doublestack and a government single stack.

Had enough fun with those that I also added the Tactical stocked rifle and a Roni whenever I get 'round to stamping it.

No recoil. Respectable energy and good energy transfer as judged by melon target performance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wonder if they are even making these at the moment
i cant find one anyplace

·
Registered
31 Posts
do you reload it? how difficult it, normally not covid times, to find brass/bullets?...
The .22TCM is a breeze to reload. I use various powders, TCM included, Hornady dies & prefer Armscor nickel cases ( advancedtactical.com ) over the less expensive, Armscor factory-primed brass cases ( ammosupplywarehouse.com ). For bullets, I always use Armscor's 40 grain JHPs ... unlike the nickel & brass cases, which are in-stock, the aforementioned bullets are seemingly, always out of stock. Even Armscor couldn't &/or wouldn't give me an eta for the .22TCM 40-grain bullets.

I had my TAC Ultra FS Combo .22TCM/9mm, which is a 10-rd single-stack, as God & John Moses Browning had originally intended, out to the range this past Saturday & just like each previous session, the pistol ran like a scalded dog. I use three different style magazines - factory Colt .38 Supers; Metalform 9mms (w/Wilson followers & minus the spacers) and the RI factory mags - and have to experience any type of failure, including the slide locking back after the final round ... and the doggone thing is a hoot to shoot!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone try to reload the 22 TCM 9R? Having problems getting the round short enough to magazine, plus none of the die sets for 22 TCM will work.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have the 22 TCM/9mm double stack gun. The magazines have to be slammed in when loaded to capacity. I had some failures to feed the first time out. The trigger locked back and was stuck on that initial range outing. The gun hasn't done that since but it doesn't have too many rounds through it in either 22 TCM or 9mm. I've noticed that these ambi-safety models from RIA have very sharp edges to them. My 10mm MS Tactical is the same. The 22 TCM part was disappointing because there is almost no recoil and the shots are scattered about on the target from close range. Mine is set up in 9mm most of the time but the swap takes very little time if you feel the need to light up the range with some 22 TCM. It would be wise to wear sponge earplugs along with earmuffs. That sucker is loud and you can those waves hitting you in the chest. It is quite impressive shooting it at dusk with a big old orange fireball at the muzzle that is bigger than a basketball. I wish those groups would be tighter then it would be a real hoot to shoot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the Rock Ultra CCO Combo 9mm/22TCM9R (model 56634). I really bought it because I wanted a 9mm CCO and that was the only way to get it. I didn't pay attention when I ordered it and ordered some 22TCM ammo to go with it. It won't feed the 22TCM ammo from the magazine that came with the gun. Rock Island advised me to get a 38 Super magazine, and it feeds OK but not 100% on the "regular" 22TCM. Runs great with both the 9mm and 22TCM9R setups otherwise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What do you wanna know? It's my favorite gun. I've put 1k rounds of steel case 9mm and about 800 rounds of .22 tcm through mine. Fist sized groups at 25 yards with either barrel and both groups will be dead on. Same splash from the creek as .357 critical defense from a 6.5" barrel but none of the recoil. Like any 2011, mags are going to need a bit of tuning here and there depending on your preferences. I have two factory mags I can limp wrist and not worry about jams and 4 homebrew mags that have much stronger springs so you can't outrun the gun not that I ever have. I have only had 2 jams. One in the first mag which is generally shooter error and one about 100 rounds ago because the extractor channel was packed full of crud. Super reliable if clean and lubed like every other solid 1911. Then again I only ever loaded my mags to 16 rounds. Might be a pain running 17+1 but I wouldn't know. Had to buy another 9mm 1911 because TCM is too much fun to justify the barrel swap. It's hard to describe that 7# recoil spring + the slick feeding necked cartridges. Feels like you are handling a salesman's demonstration prop gun or a wealthy kids toy or something. You would never think from handling it that could actually be dangerous let alone explode melons and coconuts with extreme prejudice. I only paid $500 for mine way back before you could find the ammo for it but after running it I'd happily pay the $900 they are going for now and still feel like I made out like a bandit.
EDIT: as the others have said, properly seated plugs AND muffs are the only way to go. Tinnitus is no fun.
IMG_20210329_105732.jpg
IMG_20210329_192143.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
i think i want a 22tcm/9mm combo

how do you like yours?
I like it ! I tend to shoot the 9mm more than the 22tcm. I was reluctant to spend $ on a RIA firearm. But no one else has the 22TCM chambering so I took a chance. Im not disappointed! The RIA is nicely finished inside and out. It does use cast and MIM parts Which is OK depending on which parts are cast and mim(another topic altogether)
The gun shoots very well except for the sights! Out of the box it shot too low such that the adjustable rear could not compensate. Ended up replacing the front sight. Told RI but did not get a response to that problem. Now shoots fine with either caliber. Its a fun gun to shoot .. light recoil 22TCM is surprisingly accurate considering the light projectile, HVel, and short barrel. Muzzle blast is intense Price point is nice.
Hope you can find one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i would stick with single stack, the doubles just feel weird to me in a 1911,

What do you wanna know? It's my favorite gun. I've put 1k rounds of steel case 9mm and about 800 rounds of .22 tcm through mine. Fist sized groups at 25 yards with either barrel and both groups will be dead on. Same splash from the creek as .357 critical defense from a 6.5" barrel but none of the recoil. Like any 2011, mags are going to need a bit of tuning here and there depending on your preferences. I have two factory mags I can limp wrist and not worry about jams and 4 homebrew mags that have much stronger springs so you can't outrun the gun not that I ever have. I have only had 2 jams. One in the first mag which is generally shooter error and one about 100 rounds ago because the extractor channel was packed full of crud. Super reliable if clean and lubed like every other solid 1911. Then again I only ever loaded my mags to 16 rounds. Might be a pain running 17+1 but I wouldn't know. Had to buy another 9mm 1911 because TCM is too much fun to justify the barrel swap. It's hard to describe that 7# recoil spring + the slick feeding necked cartridges. Feels like you are handling a salesman's demonstration prop gun or a wealthy kids toy or something. You would never think from handling it that could actually be dangerous let alone explode melons and coconuts with extreme prejudice. I only paid $500 for mine way back before you could find the ammo for it but after running it I'd happily pay the $900 they are going for now and still feel like I made out like a bandit.
EDIT: as the others have said, properly seated plugs AND muffs are the only way to go. Tinnitus is no fun. View attachment 609554 View attachment 609555

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just found out that they are no longer offering the 22tcm/9mm

"We no longer offer 22TCM combo pistols. They were discontinued last year. We do offer conversion kits however, this is currently out of stock and we do not have the ETA for the new inventory. "

·
Registered
144 Posts
just found out that they are no longer offering the 22tcm/9mm

"We no longer offer 22TCM combo pistols. They were discontinued last year. We do offer conversion kits however, this is currently out of stock and we do not have the ETA for the new inventory. "
Whoa. Def will be holding on to mine. I wonder what that means for ammo.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i would like to see them do a 22tcm/38super combo, as they take the same mags from my reading
but they said they had no plans for that

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whoa. Def will be holding on to mine. I wonder what that means for ammo.
In the process of trying to reload the 22 TCM 9R, the only stock die that will work is the sizing die. I've tried several bullets besides the Armscor 40 grain, but all of them are too long. Closest success I've had is using a Lee 380ACP seating die that makes the round correct length for mag feed and plunk test but in setting a crimp, if you make more than a very slight turn on the die, it crushes the case. Still working on it....................

1 - 20 of 20 Posts