1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a trade offer...

It's a Scott Macdougal Pocket Nine. I was ready to get a Kahr PM9, which I think shoots well, but Colts are always more interesting.

The trader says he's got $900 in it, which I guess makes sense with the Macdougal package.

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
I have 2 and other than a harder trigger pull than the Kahr they are excellent. Mine have functioned flawlessly!

·
Registered
101 Posts
pocket nine

Great little 9's. Mine functions perfect also.
I would jump all over one done by SM&A. I have a pony pocketlite being done there now and if I ever get it back I plan to send my pocket nine out.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good. I'm looking at a trade: the customized Pocket Nine for my lightly customized Kimber Series I.

I know it's crazy to get rid of a Series I but (1) I need the carry gun and (2) Ted Yost is doing a Colt Commander for me. The Kimber is good but Yost is Yost.

I have about $860 into the Kimber (and it's a Series I) and he has about $900 into the Pocket Nine. Sound reasonable?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Sounds reasonable to me! You'll get a great little carry gun and you'll get your Yost 1911, so I say: "ditch the Kimber and go Colt!" :D

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I'm doing it. Worst-case scenario: I miss my gov't size 1911 and have to get a Colt to replace it...

(Ted, if you're reading this, I'm about to be without any 1911s at all. Does that get me bumped on the list? :) )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts