1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. here`s what happened.
Stage was set up to start behind cover, use cover and engage the targets, advence to high cover, two barrels stacked with 6 or 7 single in a line, using low cover engage the targets, then advance to high cover, another stacked barrel and engage the targets using cover.
Shot the first targets and advanced, fired the required rounds and at slide lock reloaded while advancing to the next cover, got a procedure for not reloading behind cover, if all the threats have been "neutralized" should there have been a "P" for doing this?
Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
If you left cover with an empty weapon, and reloaded in the open moving to cover at another position, you just earned a procedural. I'll look for it and post what page it is on.

·
Administrator
10,928 Posts
Don't know what page it's on, but it's Competition Rule #19.
The known threats have been neutralized, but what's to stop something from jumping out while you are moving between covered positions?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Shoot IPSC!!!!! Then you can reload while running out in the open without getting a procedural!!

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Now bever, was that called for? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Come on John...the IPSC-IDPA flame wars are as old as Ken Hackathorn. Periodically someone needs to stoke the fire!!!

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Why? It's old. Different games with different rules. Not saying one is better than the other. Pick the one you like best and have at it. Which one do you like best, football or rugby, baseball or softball, fast pitch or slow pitch?

And to add, if shooting Limited, would not have had to made a reload in the above scenario in the first place.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
rhino465 said:
No need to limit yourself to "either/or" if the matches aren't on the same day and same time. I say do both!

Plus NRA Action Pistol.

And pins.

And steel.

You are quite right. Anything that gets you out and shooting is good.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Now I know why I enjoy shooting my Limited gun so much....it never runs outta ammo...thank God for +2 base pads! LOL:D

·
Registered
797 Posts
rhino465 said:
No need to limit yourself to "either/or" if the matches aren't on the same day and same time. I say do both!

Plus NRA Action Pistol.

And pins.

And steel.

(I sense a pattern) :D
AMEN Rhino.

The comparrison is moot, rules are different.
If you dont like EITHER, DONT SHOOT IT!

Most importantly

QUITCHERBITCHINANSHOOT

Larry P

1 - 13 of 13 Posts