1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"We will have vigilantes shooting up bars all over"...OH PLEASE..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_guns_bars_odd

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (Reuters) – A judge on Friday blocked a Tennessee law that allowed people to bring handguns into restaurants and bars.
The law that took effect in July allowed handgun owners with permits to pack their pistols in places serving alcohol, providing the establishments made more than half their profits from food.
Nashville Judge Claudia Bonnyman said the law was "fraught with ambiguity" and ruled in favor of a suit brought by restaurant owners who argued gun owners would not be able to determine if an establishment met the criteria.
"We will have vigilantes shooting up bars all over," said Randy Rayburn, the owner of three upscale cafes, who led opponents of the law.
Supporters were considering a possible appeal, or new legislation.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Sounds like gun owners need to unite and stop eating at restaurants that support this judge and her decision.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
....suit brought by restaurant owners who argued gun owners would not be able to determine if an establishment met the criteria.
What the hell? Haven't they ever heard of a "no weapons" sign? Regardless of the criteria, a "no weapons" sign makes it illegal to carry there.

My spider sense tells me that there's more to this than meets the eye.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Nashville is to Tennessee as Telluride is to Colorado. It's not quite as bad, but similar... Ron

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
So, did the Tennessee law require restaurant owners to allow people to carry? Or did it simply authorize carry in these restaurants? If the latter, then I don't see how a judge can block it. A person could not be convicted criminally.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
To the best of my knowledge the law only authorised carry in the restaurants>>> Ron

So, did the Tennessee law require restaurant owners to allow people to carry? Or did it simply authorize carry in these restaurants? If the latter, then I don't see how a judge can block it. A person could not be convicted criminally.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Nashville is to Tennessee as Telluride is to Colorado. It's not quite as bad, but similar... Ron

One thing I have found out, upon my arrival to this state,

It's not gun friendly at all, its simply gun tolerant.

We haver some of the most unbelievably gun laws I've seen for a southern state, vague, poorly written and the amount of money they charge to complete the process for your HCP is criminal.

Anyone who thinks Tennessee is gun friendly needs a psych evaluation.

This state ain't blue nor red, but she is a deep shade of purple!
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Folks, I just learned some very interesting information.

Disclaimer: this came from a post on another forum so I can't attest to its accuracy.

Anyway, The guy behind this crap is apprently named Randy Rayburn and he owns and operates three restaurants in Nashville: Sunset Grill, Midtown Cafe and the Cabana.

Maybe some of you can confirm or refute this. If it's true and we have some Nashvillians on here, maybe you could let this gentleman see the results of his stupidity by having a lot of empty tables in his restaurants. Money talks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I lived in Nashville for 20 years and still visit on a regular basis. I have never eaten at any of his restaurants and will not eat there when I visit.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
What the hell? Haven't they ever heard of a "no weapons" sign? Regardless of the criteria, a "no weapons" sign makes it illegal to carry there.

My spider sense tells me that there's more to this than meets the eye.
thats sucks. anyone can post a sign and it becomes the law? In WA If you carry in a posted "no gun zone" the most they can do is ask you to leave. (then hit you for tresspassing if you dont)

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
East Tennessee is quite gun friendly, outside the big city. Our gun laws are not that different really... What have I been missing these last 55 years? Cheers.. Ron

One thing I have found out, upon my arrival to this state,

It's not gun friendly at all, its simply gun tolerant.

We haver some of the most unbelievably gun laws I've seen for a southern state, vague, poorly written and the amount of money they charge to complete the process for your HCP is criminal.

Anyone who thinks Tennessee is gun friendly needs a psych evaluation.

This state ain't blue nor red, but she is a deep shade of purple!
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts