1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 45 is a Wilson Combat fully customized two-toned Springer "Loaded" Pics of the test are to follow soon. We tested accuracy, reliability, fit, finish, and extras(checkering, trigger pull ect.). We used Federal Hydro-Shok 230gr. Golden Saber 185+p for testing. Pet loades for each. I fully expected for my gun to out perform the Pro, this test made me totally redefine how I look at the Pros. Here is what you want to know: There was no malfunction with either gun for 300 rds. Best groups from both guns were almost identical sub inch at 15 yds(longest distance the local range had), There was no part breakage of any kind, Here is what you need to know: I spent right at the identical amount as the Pro for my gun and work, to have a gun handle, feel, shoot and function even to a Pro, but was without it for 7 months, All the test really told me was I love my gun but I probably will buy a Pro for the next purchase. Its that good of a gun. This test made me feel slightly ill. A factory(custom) gun that shoot equal to a gun I had built in just under a year, I am ill, I hope I can get one in two-tone.

· Registered
151 Posts
pistolpete45 said:
I said this before in another post but this is a good place to say it again. I bought my Pro from a man who has owned several Wilsons and Baers and he said he had just as soon have a pro.
That comes as no surprise to me. In fact, I was under the impression that the Pro was better.

· Registered
3,408 Posts
Some of the "tests" might be subjective, such as the "finish" test, but that doesn't make them any less valid, at least for the testers.

I would love to have a Pro. One of the few 'high-end' guns certified for CA.

Right after I get my Ed Brown Executive Target...

· Registered
82 Posts
I know the pro has a Nowlin barrel and Walter Birdsong's Black T finish. I think it doesn't have any MIM parts inside...not positive on that though.

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Cameron Hopkins in American Handgunner said:
Consider the features on the winning pistol and see if it doesn't read like a standard IPSC pistol's pedigree: Novak tritium sights, Nowlin match barrel, Wilson extractor, Kings combat trigger, Wilson ambi thumb safety, Wolff springs, S&A mag funnel hand checkered and custom blended to the frame, Springfield Custom "Delta" hammer, McCormick sear, 20 lpi front strap checkering, lowered and flared ejection port, polished feedramp, Springfield Custom beavertail grip safety and Black T finish.
From the American Handgunner article here.

Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.