1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of cheese do they put in this stuff?!?!? I know the white stuff is supposedly teflon or something, but I'd swear it's Bleu, Lindenburg, or some other "stinky-feet" cheese...

It's great stuff, but is there a reason for it smelling so badly, or do I have a bad bottle?

·
Registered
53 Posts
i dont think you have a bad bottle,at least i hope not becuse if you do i do also. i just picked up a bottle of this stuff got it since i was out of break free. i hear its good stuff so i was goign give it a try, i guess i will be cleaning out side now. it sure does stink. Ronald

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
The Tetra Lube I got from Brownells is in a tube, not a bottle. Same stuff probably. I noticed the odor and thought maybe it was a trace of ammonia? I have smelled the same thing in chrome polish. I believe it loosens rust. The tetra stuff has "bonding" agents in it so that it hooks into the surface of the metal. I like it the best of all the lubes I've tried. It spreads real easy with a small modeling paint brush.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Tetra makes a grease and an oil, among other products. Both lubes are outstanding and well worth the price. My tube of Tetra G has no noticable smell. Lot's of complaints about the odor in the past, but I thing the formula has changed.

Tetra lubes aren't very good at rust prevention, and they contain no solvents or magic ingredients. Clean and degrease well before application.
www.tetraproducts.com

·
Registered
347 Posts
At a combat training class, all the shotguns were hosed down with tetra during break. This was in the summer and the guns were hot. The smell was pure pig manure. No one could get near the guns until they cooled off. Maybe you are smelling "essence of pig manure"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts