1911Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
"Good reason", that's my words, my thought process, maybe not the governments I don't know. But I would think, because government is SUPPOSED to work for us that we have some input into what they deem is reasonable and prudent.

I would accept reasonable price increase(s) if they were based on known common contributing factors like more expensive manufacturing costs, material cost increases, delivery cost increases etc, but to simply raise your prices because a **** load of people want the product you're were selling yesterday for a dollar and today for five is just wrong.

Larry, I absolutely agree with you that I certainly do not want government sticking their nose in my business any more than they already are. But someone needs to put these clowns in check.
I personally think the best way to 'put them in check' is to have them lose money by folks not buying their over-priced products. Having the government do it is a slippery slope.

Not only that, but if they are selling product, in the day and age of the internet and instant price checks, ARE their prices too high? Or are they catering to folks who are willing to pay a premium for ammo they really need? And if that's the case-is it gouging? Because it really sounds like the free market working, to me....

Larry

Premium Member
"The Texas AG's office has identified ammunition as a necessity"

馃憤
It IS essentially a gallon of milk!
Look, I get what some of you guys are saying about the government staying out of it, because what鈥檚 next. There does need to be some provision though, for the bully on the block. The masses of consumer complaints and the general asshattedness of this company that is ripping people off far more than anyone else. I know, I know, people should just quit buying from them.....there would be little effect. Too much demand. It鈥檚 not really any different than making loan sharking illegal. Taking advantage of people in a desperate situation has to have limits. The limit of greed.....what is that? 300%? 400%?
These clowns came out of the chute at 400% back in March. Perhaps they just get unplugged from the internet for 30 days as a warning. I鈥檓 actually surprised people haven鈥檛 tried to find out where the owner lives.

Administrator
After a disaster, it is a good thing when prices go up. It's difficult to get products into a disaster area to sell. Increased demand will increase prices. Increased prices will increase supply. If you don't increase prices, you get shortages. With higher prices, the consumer gets to decide how badly he wants the product. With shortages, it's just luck of the draw.

Registered
What they have done in the past is cancel completed orders for in stock ammo already in the system when some tragedy has occured. Then days later offer the same ammo at inflated prices. They don't honor their sale when an opportunity like this happens. That's different then simply offering ammo for sale at high prices with the consumer either buying or not.

Premium Member
After a disaster, it is a good thing when prices go up. It's difficult to get products into a disaster area to sell. Increased demand will increase prices. Increased prices will increase supply. If you don't increase prices, you get shortages. With higher prices, the consumer gets to decide how badly he wants the product. With shortages, it's just luck of the draw.
A little yes and no. In this situation, production is at a max and the consumer is still extremely limited on what it available. Price asked cannot fix that. Luck of the draw is right. Right place at the right time at the right price. Completely agree, but there should be a limit. Slime bag, lower than a snakes belly, disregard for people is just wrong. I hope CTD takes it on the chin.

Registered
Part of the problem lies with the person that actually pays that much. How much are you willing to pay for us to ship that to you sir?

Premium Member
The poor sucker that is so stupid as to shoot up the last of his inventory into a dirt berm!
Now he has nothing to defend the house. That鈥檚 the guy!
I do feel bad for the folks that have finally come to the realization that they need to protect themselves. They buy their first gun and are faced with that crap.

Premium Member
These guys are the bully on the block. They are always the first to rip people off and bait and switch. Even after they have had their hand slapped, they have failed to show any remorse. 鈥淪tick it to the rest of the country鈥 seems to be their motto. Acting by what is barely allowed by law doesn鈥檛 necessarily mean you have any morals. Slime

21 - 30 of 30 Posts