1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a kimber I know own a $1000 paper weight. I own 3 springfields 1911 best guns I have ever bought does any one thing springfield will ever put out a 1911 in 9mm in a 4" barrel

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Yes....what's wrong with the Kimber. I own more Springers than Kimber's but my Kimber's have been top notch guns to date.

Which model Kimber and what's the issue?

Enjoy those Springers.

Be safe, shoot well. :rock:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have pro tactical II in 9mm and on the last shot the slide will not like back and on the bottom of the feed ramp does not look like it was smoothed all the way. I have had no trouble out of my springfields and I did not pay near as much for them. I would like to thing you get what you pay for, but i guess that does not always apply.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Kimber will fix it or take it back to the shop you bought it at. I had a problem with a Springfield once and had hard feeling at first but it got worked out. If you do not want it send it to me. This can be worked out. All manufactures have problems now and then. Springfield is good but so is Kimber in my shooting adventures.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have pro tactical II in 9mm and on the last shot the slide will not like back and on the bottom of the feed ramp does not look like it was smoothed all the way. I have had no trouble out of my springfields and I did not pay near as much for them. I would like to thing you get what you pay for, but i guess that does not always apply.

I see the problem right now.....it's a 9mm :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Instead of bad mouthing Kimber why don't you contact Kimber and tell them the trouble you are having and THEY will take care of you. I have one and the gun shoots fantastic.

·
Premium Member
6,416 Posts
The slide doesn't lock back so it's a paperweight? Your problem is likely very minor. Maybe a different mag, mag spring or slide stop. Definately nothing to trash the pistol over.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey if you do not want that $1000 paper weight send it my way. I could probably find another use for it.:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts