1911Forum banner

Thank goodness that we have experts to keep us all informed on stuff like this.

901 21
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
3,672 Posts

· Administrator
80,886 Posts
Damn, AR-15 type firearms must really be evil for the MSM to always be comparing every weapon out there to them. I don't understand how we lost the wars in Vietnam and Afghanistan with such fearsome weaponry. Just one mighty blast from a single M-16 should've been able to clear miles of the Ho Chi Minh Trail of everything from vegetation to Viet Cong. But I guess they're only good for killing schoolchildren. :rolleyes:

· Registered
747 Posts
I remember Nam... What we didn't Orange we carpet bombed and Napalmed. Blow it up, burn it to a crisp beat the hell out it and give it back... A month later go start a scrap for the same chunk of effin' dirt. Armament had it's issues but, management was our problem. Now if MSM wants and education on evils, maybe we should send a bunch of their staff and reporters to be AK fodder. That would be something to write about. See if you can tell us what it's like while the Sh*ts in the fan, not what it's like when the smoke clears...

· Registered
2,208 Posts
Yes, you are right. We are indeed lucky to have these experts.

I started reading this thinking he was some arms expert. He says he has 33 years relevant experience, so I thought maybe he was career military or LEO. Then he said this:

Rectangle Font Magenta Electric blue Brand

So, why is some guy writing an article about the details of a gun he only fired once in 2008? So I googled him. Read it for yourself. He has 7 years in the Air Force, 4 in the Border Patrol and most of his career working short term jobs as a security officer. In his LinkedIn article he (expands ) what some of those jobs are, a real James Bond here. Ben there done that.

Christian D. Orr, M.A. - Technical Writer - OBXtek | LinkedIn Anybody know who this expert is? 7 years in the Air Force Security Police. A couple years in the border patrol, 3 years and 1 year as a Immigration Criminal Investigator. (special agent) -those jobs have a one year probation, so I guess that special agent gig did not work out.

Then a couple dozen more jobs, most short term and most are desk jobs, analysts. He does not list one job where he was on the ground doing anything tactical. He is a writer, with degrees in history-civil war and general intelligence. Then he had short term jobs in sales and gov contracts. Then he went to work as a guard with the US Bureau of prisons, but it only last 2 months? Training is more than 2 months. Guess that did not work out.

Then he got a job in security at Force Protection Corp, but it did not work out but 14 months. He then got a job as a security officer at DynCorp. For any who may not know, DynCorp provided government services in foreign areas, like Pinkerton, but in the Mideast and Europe. But that good job only lasted 5 months.

Then he got a job in security at Force Protection at the Dallas Ft Worth Airport, but that job only last 2 months. Then he got a job as a secirity officer for the Army in Japan, for 8 months. Then he got a job in security for Lockheed at an Air Force facility for 7 months.

Then he worked security for SallyPort Global for 3 years and 9 months. Read it for yourself, says he was ready for anything.

Then for 3 months he was a technical report reviewer for a military contractor at Quantico. Then he got a job an intelligence analyst for the postal service for 2 months, That government job did not work out. So, he says he became a professional actor for 3 months. Then he got a security officer for 5 months. The last several years he has become a freelance writer.

My point? He is not the guy to take advice from on whether to buy any particular gun.. IMHO

· Registered
29,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Then he got a job in security at Force Protection Corp, but it did not work out but 14 months. He then got a job as a security officer at DynCorp. For any who may not know, DynCorp provided government services in foreign areas, like Pinkerton, but in the Mideast and Europe. But that good job only lasted 5 months.
We had some experience with Dyncorp security. Those ding dongs make Wackenhut look high end. Just the ticket if you need minimum wage security.

· Registered
2,593 Posts
I guess a cartridge with a shoulder is now a rifle cartridge. I guess the .357 Sig is a rifle cartridge now.
Wait til they find out about the .22 TCM, 7.62x25, or realize that any round made by Liberty Ammunition all mimic rifle round velocities (their .45 ACP rounds truck along at 1,900 FPS).

Edit: Forgot to complete the thought when originally posted.

· Registered
2,208 Posts
FWIW: MSN scraped that article from the "1945" website. The latter posts military and defense related articles. Most are pretty fluffy in terms of content. They seem to believe that quantity outweighs quality.
Interesting. I actually thought it was worth the read with the catchy title.

However, it looked about as hollow a gun article as I have seen. I am retired military and LE having worked in specialized units with various weapons, many that did not appear in the government TOE/inventory. And have worked with about every ground group there is that might deal with weapons including any "special weapons" which there are very few, yet I read frequently about all of the gee whiz fizz bang weapons used by team xyz on the last 33,000 feet night jump into frigid water 24 nm from shore make the swim and then save some hostage from ninja rebels. So here is some military guy claiming 33 years expertise/////???? He fired on in 2008?

And of course we all carried those $400 pocket penlights and customs folders that would still hold an edge after being driven thru 1/4 inch steel and wore belts made from 84 feet of paracord.

Sorry for the rant but articles like that are an insult to anybody. What fricken comparison is there between a 5.7 pistol and an AR.? I guess they both shoot fast little bullets. Guess I am dense, I do not see the similarity.

· Registered
86 Posts
I'm just thankful that someone is keeping us safe from the Gun Industry Warlords. It's obvious that some of these bullet thingies are more deadly than others.

The less dangerous ammunition only have a single numerical expression, like - 10mm, .44 Magnum, .50 BMG. The super deadly bullets of war are so powerful that two numerical descriptions are used - 7.62x39mm, 5.56x45, 5.7x28mm

And this weapon of mass destruction. The 5.7x15mm

Automotive lighting Gun accessory Cylinder Cone Ammunition

1 - 20 of 22 Posts