1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[Moderator(s), please feel free to close or delete this thread, but it is made with good intentions, especially since AC was a regular and much-loved contributor to the Wilson Combat sub-section of the Forum].

Not sure if all of our Wilson sub-section members will see it (thus my post here), but there is some sad news about our good friend Army Chief in the General Section.

If this thread should remain open, please do not post your thoughts here ... post them in the General Section.

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
Nice touch chrysanthemum.

This was Chuck's area of responsibility and your thread is a fitting one. We are all saddened by the loss of a friend, a Patriot and a true Warrior in every sense of the word.

Peace be with Chuck's family.

Fin

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Thank you for posting this. I overlooked the thread in the General Section.

·
Registered
425 Posts
So sorry to hear the news, I didn't know him other than his insightful posts on the forums but I could tell him was a great man with tremendous faith. To say he handled his situation with grace is an understatement. RIP AC, thoughts and prayers to his family.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I'm very saddened to hear this news. I know it was expected but it's still a shock when it actually happens. We lost a great member of our family on this sub-forum. AC taught me more about the 1911 than I could have ever read in books. He wanted everyone to understand that options should be chosen for a purpose and not just for asthetics.

May God bless Chuck's family at this difficult time.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Very sad news about Army Chief. I learned a great deal from him about 1911s. He will be missed a great deal. I am so heartened to hear that he was a believer. His family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I posted in the other, but will post here. AC's ability to keep a Wilson buyer's eye on the ball will be unmatched. He also had the unsurpassed ability to lead a current Wilson owner on the correct path. Every comment and response was written like a scholar.

Whether you agreed with him or not. Every interaction should be considered the tip of the iceberg in 1911 knowledge.

·
Banned
817 Posts
AC will be missed. He has helped me several times and was always a wealth of knowledge. Rest In Peace Army Chief.
Bill

·
Registered
804 Posts
He fought the ultimate battle. Chrysthanthemum, you honored him with integrity and class. Thank you sir.
Richard

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I am so sad, talk about taking the steam out of a man. I'm sick, bless his heart. What an incredibly smart cool guy. Prayers to the family.

RIP AC.

·
Super Moderator
13,575 Posts
chrysanthemum:

Thank you so much for starting this thread. I appreciate your help in getting the words out to those members who don't frequent the general discussion area or know of Chuck's battle for the past 15 months. I think you have a great idea in that folks should post their comments in the GD section instead of here. I will honor your request by closing this thread. Like all that knew Chuck, I post this with a very heavy heart.

We miss you Chuck Petrie/Army Chief/Stormmaster.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.