1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,608 Posts
That is one that Wilson folks like to see - a well used and well kept CQB. And, at 120k rounds, it is in fantastic shape! Congrats on a well serving 1911. :)(y)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Is there much holster use on the gun or mostly range use? Doesn't look like much holster wear. Nice. Or have you ever had it refinished?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Impressive! Any parts breakage in the 120,000 rds? I think that would have been before the all bullet proof parts.
Shows how well WC builds a 1911. I hope you reload, that's about 8500 rds a year. I average about 6500. Give us a update at 200,000 please.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Wow I'm jealous! Please share your secret in keeping a gun with that much use looking so pristine. Great Job

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
120,000 rounds, wow! Looks really good for that many rounds through it.
Yep, I thought it might have been an old pic! If that's how it looks now, I'm really impressed!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Just wanted to add that I really do love the old Wilson Eagles on the medallions. I only have one pair of those and really do prefer them to the new style.
I do too!!! I don't have a set yet, but gonna find some one day.
I have seen the Eagle on the slide in some pics and really like it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is there much holster use on the gun or mostly range use? Doesn't look like much holster wear. Nice. Or have you ever had it refinished?
I do not practice drawing from the holster with this gun. For that I use a Colt Commander. that is why it still looks new.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Impressive! Any parts breakage in the 120,000 rds? I think that would have been before the all bullet proof parts.
Shows how well WC builds a 1911. I hope you reload, that's about 8500 rds a year. I average about 6500. Give us a update at 200,000 please.

I do not reload. No parts breakage. Only springs were changed at required intervals. have not changed the sear spring though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just wanted to add that I really do love the old Wilson Eagles on the medallions. I only have one pair of those and really do prefer them to the new style.

I dislike the new medallions and new Logo. I researched 1911's and this CQB was my first 1911 purchase. I have ten pairs of the old logos. just bought them cuz I knew they would be collectible.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Wow, that finish has held up better than mine then. The armortuff on the beaver tail, checkering and the safety is almost completely gone or getting thin from shooting. I've got like 1/10th of the rounds you do. I've got some holster wear, which you wouldn't have but the worst wear is from where I hold the gun while shooting.

ETA: My front sight started wiggling around in the dovetail around the 7k mark. Wilson replaced it easy peasy. The firing pin stop cracked in half somewhere around the 10k mark. Again Wilson replaced it at no cost (they fitted a new one). I actually took it to a class with the broken stop. It didn't cause any issues as the top half was still holding the FP in.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts