1911Forum banner

Thanks Karl Karash !

3090 Views 16 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  kxk
I just wanted to publically thank Karl Karash. I just purchased the "Collectors Guide to the Colt .45 Serive pistols" from him and despite being encourage to order the companion CD that has over 6000+ photographs by other forum members I declined and did not order it.

Well when my book arrived so did a copy of the CD that I had not paid for. Enclosed was a note basically saying if you like the CD you can send me the money for it and if you don't like it you can keep the CD for your trouble.

So thank you very much Karl especially for your trust and most importantly producing very high quality research material. Oh and yes your payment is on its way and undoubtly a great bargain!

Also thanks to the forum members for recommending the book and CD ! !

Warm regards,
Steve
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
1,048 Posts
A belated Happy Birthday to the USMC.

Steve,
Thanks for the kind words. I am glad that you like the CD. Be sure to visit the directory: Heritage/Heritage/Articles where you can read some of the various articles that I have written over the years, especially those titled "Guide", and although some are a bit dated, they all have nice hunks of information that are usually hard learned. I strongly recommend learning from the mistakes of others (Especially mine!) rather than suffer the pain of being cheated by the sharks out there.
The photos on the CD are not retouched or altered in any way except for cropping. There is no enhanced sharpness or color inprovement or retouching in any way. Every scratch and rust pit is where it really is on the actual pistol. Most of the pistols are original pistols and every effort has been made to show where an example has had a part changed etc. Non original pistols are confined to rework directories. It was not my intention to try and answer every question, but to provide the raw material for most of the questions and present it in such a way that finding the answer is fun. The CD makes a good companion to Clawsons Collectors guide. Best Karl

· Registered
56 Posts
Also thanks to KXK

Got Clawson's book and unordered CD of images - I had previous bought the CD but lost it - based on previous losses I got about a 20 percent chance of ever finding it. Thanks Karl, $20 is on the way.

Bro.Jack

· Administrator
80,955 Posts
I think a big kudos is in order to Karl for his willingness to help new collectors out. I've run into too many individuals in the past who wanted to keep other people out of the hobby.

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dsk said:
I think a big kudos is in order to Karl for his willingness to help new collectors out. I've run into too many individuals in the past who wanted to keep other people out of the hobby.

Unfortunantly, this statement is very true. If dealing with fake, reproduced, and misrepresented items isn't bad enough............

· Registered
181 Posts
Ordering a CD...

The best way to order a CD is to click on the sticky above as if you were ordering a Clawson Collectors Guide. When you get the form to fill out for the book, just enter the information that it asks for and either enter zero for the number of books ordered, or enter one if it won't take zero. Entering "1" will not commit you to ordering a book, it will just get you the ordering instructions emailed to you. You will be emailed a detailed set of instructions for ordering the CD, the book , or both. If you have an anti-spam blocker on your email, be sure to turn it off or allow the sending email address ( [email protected] ) to get through. (I am sending this from Joel's house) Best Karl

· Registered
267 Posts
Karl is a gentleman and all around great guy who helps out his fellow collectors like they were his oldest and best friends.
There are a lot of folks out there in the USGI collecting world that I'm sure are nice people but my dealings with Karl have always been above reproach and he goes the extra mile for all of us.

Thank you Karl for all you have done for me and this hobby (addiction) of ours!
Marc

· Registered
100 Posts
Thank Karl from Italy !

Yes guys,
I confirm what you wrote about Mr. Karl Karash.
I also purchased both book and CD, surely th most important resource I own about "1911 world".
Here in Italy we have few reliables news about the .45's but thanks to Internet (and peoples like Mr. Karash....) we can obtain a lot of informations about our beloved handgun.

Thanks you Karl.:)

Fabio Bonucci

See you guys !

BJD SASS#2548 said:
My Money order will be in the mail tomorrow.:cool: :cool: :cool:

· Registered
2,715 Posts
Wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told her THIS. Needless to say I will finally have a gift I can use for many years. Thanks Karl.

Got it three days before Christmas and had to WAIT til Christmas mornin to open it. FAST shipping and a GREAT gift!!!
If anyone is even thinking about getting the book/Disc, quit thinking and get going. You will be more then satisfied for YEARS to come.

· Registered
4 Posts
Ditto

Karl, I echo everyone's compliments and thank you for being such a gentleman. I received my book and CD yesterday via priority mail, rather than media mail, so I got the stuff far earlier than I expected. It was a great, and unexpected, Christmas gift, particularly for a 1911 newbie like me. Thanks again!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.