Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
McNutt:

People such as yourself who are not aware of what has happened is why I re-posted this thread.
You know, It is so easy in this time of Internet forums and instant postings such as we do here to expect too much.
Is Dan Wesson perfect? Of course not.
Do they make everything right? I think they do to the best that they can.
I am not a firearm expert and do not profess to be, but I do alot of customer relations in my job as Credit Manager for a chain of home improvment centers. I wish that my company had the customer support that Bob and Phil built up on this board.
Small matter such as sight/extractor etc, etc problems people have had are minor when taken in context to the product as a whole. Not to slight the people who have had issues and rightfully so. Problems do occur for any company.
They take care of those problems in a timely manner and have been open to suggestions from this board more than any other company that I am aware of. Dan Wesson is not going to be perfect. Neither are you or I.
I have not commented on "All External Extractor" issue as I do not see what the problem is. My ignorance, I guess. I have a Patriot with the external extractor and another .45 with the Internal. ...No problems with either.
I just believe that they are the best thing going and I sure wish them and us on this board the best.
"Rant Off"

All the best,

Art...and yes, you can call me "Sugar, Sugar":D :D

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tinyc

Hi and glad and appreciate you being here.

Art

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
That post by Bob Serva on Thanksgiving was one of the main reasons I bought my Minor last year. I have since added a Guardian Duce. Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Art:
Good reminder, my friend! And one of several reasons to buy and support Dan Wesson. Another is their willingness to LISTEN to the customer, and, believe it or not, TAKE SUGGESTIONS from an unknown customer. Yet another reason to support DW is that they are still producing a pure '70 series style 1911. I have it on good authority that the internal extractor WILL REMAIN in the DW line-up in at least a couple of different models. Then there's the made in America reason, the Christian reason, the 1911forum support reason, the... you get what I mean.

Bottom line, I have been accused of being a "cheerleader" for DW from time to time. That is something I remain proud of. Go get 'em, Bob! :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
It looks like I'm closer to buying my first 1911 than I thought. Hopefully it will be in a couple of weeks or two. I have never seen a DW in person, but have read so many things about it that it was my #1 contender. Last week I went to a local gun shop and handled a Springfield Loaded Operator (my other option) and was very impressed. As decision time drew closer it looked like I might get the SA (being able to handle one was a MAJOR plus). I kept going back over all the stories of fit and finish and such of the Patriot and was really having a hard time making a decision. Then I read this thread. I'm not kidding when I say that this thread has ensured that my first 1911 purchase will be a blued Patriot Marksman. That's how impressed I am with Mr. Serva. I'm a little nervous about making such a large purchase sight unseen, but I've read of so many people taking the same plunge and being completely satisfied.

As I mentioned in the external extractor thread, I'm used to the look of the internal extractor, but I've yet to hear of any issues with external ones, so no big deal. I'm not the least bit worried about it breaking in the field as I won't be in the field. :p I just hope it doesn't turn some people away. But if they're going to keep some internal extractors available for those that demand it I don't think there will be any cause for concern.

I can't wait to order it and post my first photo and range report. I promise to bore your ears off! :)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Whut Diver said!!

The cell phone thing was the clincher in my decision to order a Razorback without ever having seen a DW auto in my life.

It was a good decision.

I got a great gun, a story to tell about it's development and some great acquaintences on this forum to go along with it.

Then Bob came through with an unexpected favor that helped me fulfill a special goal with my RZ..

All in all a great experience and fine shooting gun.

RZ-25

Me one of the "Sugar" cheerleaders?

You dammed betcha!!

BTW don't think "Ol 25" is a safe queen. It wears cast off wood grips and rides in a IWB holster everyday and got dunked in mud and manure with me on top of it just a few days ago.

Iggy

·
Registered
197 Posts
That's such a conincidence. My hard chromed Pointman with smooth Alumagrips looks almost identical. For a minute there, I almost ran back home to see if it had been stolen.
:D

And kudos to Bob Serva and the way he takes his customers seriously, even more so than some of the "big name" custom outfits. The firearms industry needs more leaders like him who can take time out for the buyers, whether we're experts in the field making technical observations of the products or just everyday Joe who needs a good serviceable defensive tool.

·
Banned
5,947 Posts
Bob Serva set the example on the 1911Forum and other factory people soon followed Bob's example. It still is awesome that Dan Wesson's president openly posts and addresses issues on this Forum. The difference, as I have written before, is Bob's desire to serve others. Bob's heart and mindset are what makes a difference from Dan Wesson and the other companies.

As some of you may or may not recall, I was among the early few who was championing the early Dan Wesson product on this board. I was accused of being a Dan Wesson "Sugar" and on the Dan Wesson payroll from the git go. I was amazed to see Dan Wesson doing what I wanted to see Colt do from a marketing standpoint. I was pretty impressed with a young Dan Wesson company that dared to be number 1 from the start. Taking on Kimber and Colt was no small task....but take them on they did.

None of the big guys would reintroduce a 10mm auto, but Dan Wesson dared to be different. They listened to their consumers and initiated the 10mm Razorback project. Then Kimber followed Dan Wesson's lead. Pretty impressive to say the least. Soon, we'll see their new CCO because they listened.

The positives of the Dan Wesson product line far outweigh the negatives. Given time, with Dan Wesson's desire to serve, you'll see most of the minor issues eliminated.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and may God bless!

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah--it was a year ago this month when I ordered my DW RZ, and a 7 month wait till I had it--that post, along with the others, about the the customer service and the fact that Bob and company go the extra mile, make you realize that 1--they make a good product, 2--they make mistakes (being human I guess), and 3--they fix them in expedient and effecient manner.
No other company will offer the choices, take suggestions, and field questions as these people do.

David

1 - 14 of 14 Posts