1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Phil here with Bob sitting in the Jet Blue terminal at JFK taking advantage of the free WiFi.

What you have heard in the other thread is true, Dan Wesson is now part of CZ-USA. Bob, myself, and everyone else at Dan Wesson will be continuing to build the 1911s in Norwich as we have. If anything Dan Wessons should now be easier to find and have a much more consistent parts selection :cool:

I will let Bob tell you more about this after we get back to Norwich tomorrow.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This merger should be a mutually advantagious arrangement. There are many aspects to discuss but that is for Bob to fill you in with. We just wanted to assure you that everyone is very pleased with the new structure and the future looks bright.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I think DW and CZ make some great guns, so this should be good for all.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Congratulations!

Congratulations on the news. I will look forward to seeing Dan Wesson (or will they be labeled CZ's) 1911's in many a gun shop!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Congats. You guys are too good ,not to get scarfed up by somebody. With CZ's resources and your innovation this should be sweet. And a real smart move by CZ.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Guys,

CZ has aquired the DW trademarks, this means the guns will be marked as they are now.

Not sure about the CA certs but it looks like we should be able to at least do some models.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Sounds like good news..

Phil... Good to see you still around and kickin' up dust...

Take care...

·
Registered
815 Posts
Congratulations, I hope the marriage is a good one for everyone. I know that my .223 CZ-527 FS is an outstanding rifle and that there are a lot of other good products coming out of CZ . I hope that everyone at DW will prosper in the new arrangement.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Let'see.....

With the new arangement - DW will have access to:
Marketing,
Distribution;
Branding with the CZ pull;
Access to rifles;
Access to a new set of potential customers;
Access to CZ engineering;
Expanding the revolver line;
Access to CZ volume discounts from material vendors;
Access to worldwide distribution;
Funding for R&D on new products/designs;
Access to State & Local contracts given the CZ inroads;
Funding to get products pulled through State "approved" lists....

What's wrong with this picture???

NOTHING!!!

Congratulations!!!! :)

Pass me the stumpblower - I'm tuckered out after writing this post and thinking about the possibilities..!! :)

John

·
Registered
645 Posts
jd-08 said:
Let'see.....

With the new arangement - DW will have access to:
Marketing,
Distribution;
Branding with the CZ pull;
Access to rifles;
Access to a new set of potential customers;
Access to CZ engineering;
Expanding the revolver line;
Access to CZ volume discounts from material vendors;
Access to worldwide distribution;
Funding for R&D on new products/designs;
Access to State & Local contracts given the CZ inroads;
Funding to get products pulled through State "approved" lists....
What about "Booth Babes?"

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Hey Phil:

Welcome and thanks for the posting, Phil!

I too think this is a good deal for DW, ala JD-08's post. As I understand, DW will remain a seperate company but I will leave those kind of details to Bob and Phil to post and confirm.

Take care
all,
Art

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hmmm... You have a point there......

A very good point... I forgot all about the booth babes... Remind me to schedule in the Shot Show next year!!!.. :)

Hmmm - I wonder if I can do the "program development" for the DW "booth babes"? I'd be willing to donate my time, just in case anyone asks me??? :)

Seriously - it actually begs the question as to the new converged "identity" of CZ and DW..?? Will DW keep their own identity and "brand" - or will it be merged under the CZ "brand"? For example - at shows, marketing literature, etc..?

I'm not certain it makes a difference in the long run - as long as DW keeps on doing what they do - and continue to deliver products that "break the mold that surpasses the ordinary manufacturers".

And oh - I get to interview the booth babes... ;)

JD

·
Registered
172 Posts
Congrats!

To all the folks at DW. My one any only question is:

"Will I still be able to get my custom 'Dan Wesson' PTC-BOB in the future?"

If not, will Stumpblower turn back time so I can squeak in an order just before the SHOT show? ;)

-d

·
Registered
554 Posts
My personal congratulations to you guys. You have always been one of the good guys and it's great when good things happen to good folk.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts