1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ultra carry II with the black sights. This is my CCW. I plan on starting to shoot in IDPA, and IPSC. I will probably stick with Kimber sights but was wanting advice on which sight gave the best visability? I'am close to being an old guy so need all the help old eyes can get Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,416 Posts
Night sights are good for carry. Fiber optic fronts are probably the most visible for competition but not usually recommended for carry.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Night sights are good for carry.
Agree completely.

The Kimber Meprolight (night sights are what they call them) are very good. You can see the sights in the dark (so dark, you don't want to shoot, without a flashlight) and quite well in daylight.

You can pull the slide and send it to Kimber for installation. We had a post about a month ago where someone did that and got excellent results (time, quality, etc.).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I have been contact with Kimber on this and Think I will order the sight and install locally, hopefully for a quicker turn around. Just need imput on which sight is best. I know the night sights on my Glock leave a lot to be desired

1 - 4 of 4 Posts