1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening, I’ve been a long time stocker and Beneficiary from information on this form and I have decided to become a member and make my first (second because my first was deleted) post. THIS IS NOT A “GUNS FOR SALE” POST but a post seeking the opinion of well-informed 1911 owner.

I have recently (yesterday) made a purchase of a collection of 1911s a few used but most unfired. My initial thought was to purchase this collection with the intent to re sell them but now, having them in my Possession, the guns guitars and all things cool addict in me has once more awoken and I am at a crossroads.
So my point is this in Today’s political and national state is cash King? should they stay or should they go. Thanks ahead of time. (This post is for information and opinion only I will not be using this post to sell any firearms)

Les Baer monolith hard chrome new
Les Baer custom Carrie used
Nighthawk custom new
Kimber master carry ultra new
Kimber master carry custom new
Kimber Gold combat 2 stainless new
Kimber Gold combat 2 Limited new
Ed brown Special forces used
Ed brown Kobra carry LW new
Smith and Wesson E Series black new
Smith and Wesson E Series two-tone new

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
Keep the Browns, Baers and the Nighthawk and sell the rest. Nothing against Kimbers other than they're plain production guns whereas the others have a high degree of quality and some real value.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Avery nice collection. First of all, welcomed to the forum. I agree, sell the Kimbers, unless, they are Series One. All the others in your collection are keepers.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I own a NHC and have owned several Kimbers in the past. I'd keep the NHC, sell the rest, and replace them with Dan Wesson 1911's and maybe another NHC or a Wilson Combat, all in 10mm. I dumped all of my .45 caliber 1911's and replaced them with 10mm 1911's.

My NHC 10mm.

·
Registered
707 Posts
It almost looks like this collection was already paired down from a bigger 1911 collection. Each of these may serve a purpose: beater, backup, bbq gun, edc, ... Those Kimbers may be tack drivers. I’d shoot them all and think a while before parting with any of them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Keep 'em all. Some of the greatest regrets of my life are the guns that I sold or traded even if they were duplicates of something that I already had. I currently have only two 1911s but would like to add more to the stable. And I have a love affair going with Smith N-frames in .45 Colt, of which I have three...

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
Take all of the 'fired' guns to the range. Shoot them 'til you find a couple you like and sell the rest. Give the 'unfired' guns a good look over and decide which ones you want to keep around to pet. Sell the rest. No one on this or any other forum can decide for you. I've got one I could sell for about $500 but you can't buy it because it fits and shoots like I want it to.

·
Registered
334 Posts
All good advice. I am sure the "collector" in you is making you think you should keep them all, the entreprenuer is telling you to sell a few to recoup some of your investment. I say keep them all for now, no hasty decisions, shoot them, clean them, admire them, then do it all over again. Then put them away for awhile, focus on your other interests before revisiting...I think you will find that they all have a home with you now.

Enjoy! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So this morning I took the Les Bear custom carry and monolith out for a run. The custom carry shot incredibly smooth. The trigger is great, very accurate feels nice in the hand all around great gun. The grouping was impressive. I’m very happy with it. Onto the monolith, I have to say I was very apprehensive about purchasing this gun as part of the lot as I’ve watched some videos on YouTube of a man having problems with this particular les Baer model. He was not able to slingshot, experienced Failure to a feed and Eject issues. In Another video a man spent 15 minutes repeatedly slide raping the crap out of the firearm Over and over and over to prove his issue. It was painful to watch. Fortunately I was able to ad the monolith for a very very good price by adding it to this collection. I am very happy to report that not only is this one of the best looking guns I’ve ever owned but wow as to the quality fit and finish, clean break after a stupid smooth trigger pull and the accuracy with its 1” Guarantee wowowow. 275 rounds not one issue ran like a switch clock feels great in the hand I’m in love 😍. Needless to say they will both definitely be sticking around as part of the crew! I’m excited to run down the list on these other ladies but I’ve decided it might be Time to get some advice on venturing to the wonderful world of reloading!!! 🤑

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It almost looks like this collection was already paired down from a bigger 1911 collection. Each of these may serve a purpose: beater, backup, bbq gun, edc, ... Those Kimbers may be tack drivers. I’d shoot them all and think a while before parting with any of them.
There were over 200 guns in this collection and about 80 1911’s. She has a very nice Wilson combat pro ss and a colt royal match I’m trying hard to ignore. from what it sounds like I should possibly roll a few of the kimbers over to achieve the old quality over quantity rule if that could be applied here. I will say the Gold combat ss is very nice but the smoked chrome Gold combat limited is a good looking pistol and I look forward to running them both

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Nice, I also have a good amount of 1911s but 3/4 of mine are Wilson/brown/NHC with only single representatives from other brands. It becomes hard to use anything but the top shelf guns since they are simply so much better to handle/carry/shoot/look at day to day and at the end of the day I would rather shoot a great gun over a good one.

Reactions: Templarshadow

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Buy, sell, keep?
Unless you're a dealer, obviously, it was disposible funds and available for discretionary spending.
Do what makes you feel good, even if it means keeping the guns others tell you to sell or selling the whole lot. It's your money and it should be for your pleasure.

I bought some high end double shotguns for 50 cents on the dollar on speculation. I had them a few years and was trying to sell them for a very good price, but the market for such pricey shotugns is very small and I was getting a lot of nose pickers and "traders"(you know, I'll give you two of my clunkers for your unfired ..). So decided I'd keep them and hunt them. I still enjoy hunting a pretty gun.

Reactions: Templarshadow

·
Registered
192 Posts
Good evening, I’ve been a long time stocker and Beneficiary from information on this form and I have decided to become a member and make my first (second because my first was deleted) post. THIS IS NOT A “GUNS FOR SALE” POST but a post seeking the opinion of well-informed 1911 owner.

I have recently (yesterday) made a purchase of a collection of 1911s a few used but most unfired. My initial thought was to purchase this collection with the intent to re sell them but now, having them in my Possession, the guns guitars and all things cool addict in me has once more awoken and I am at a crossroads.
So my point is this in Today’s political and national state is cash King? should they stay or should they go. Thanks ahead of time. (This post is for information and opinion only I will not be using this post to sell any firearms)

Les Baer monolith hard chrome new
Les Baer custom Carrie used
Nighthawk custom new
Kimber master carry ultra new
Kimber master carry custom new
Kimber Gold combat 2 stainless new
Kimber Gold combat 2 Limited new
Ed brown Special forces used
Ed brown Kobra carry LW new
Smith and Wesson E Series black new
Smith and Wesson E Series two-tone new

View attachment 598793
View attachment 598770 View attachment 598771 View attachment 598772
Remember, they are all just like mine.... Useless without ammo. And ammo will not be back. Mark my words.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts