1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of those interesting 1919 Colt Commercials that were assembled from leftover WWI parts. The frame has the heart cutouts under the grips.

Id love to hear anything interesting anyone knows about these particular models.

I’ll leave the rest up to the pictures. Enjoy
Air gun Trigger Grey Wood Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Wood Grey Gun barrel
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
Bumper Wood Musical instrument accessory Fashion accessory Electric blue
Finger Thumb Fashion accessory Metal Electric blue
Auto part Engineering Composite material Fashion accessory Electronics accessory
Finger Household hardware Bullet Nickel Cylinder
Grey Material property Wood Composite material Gun accessory
Trigger Air gun Wood Revolver Gun barrel
Automotive exterior Font Metal Gadget Titanium

·
Administrator
75,397 Posts
Nice-looking pistol, not to mention the entire trio. I'd like to get another pre-'24 1911, either military or commercial, but the decent ones are way too much nowadays.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So who is "E KIRK"?

Beautiful pistol, thank you for sharing.
That is the six million dollar question. The guy who put the idiot scratch on the other 6 million 1911’s? Watch I’ll find out he’s someone famous.

·
Registered
25,620 Posts
Very nice! you do not see clean ones like that very often. It almost looks like someone put a coat of wax on it.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Very Nice. Re cleaning, try putting a liberal amount of CLP in the barrel and leave it overnight. Then run a brass brush through a couple times. I did that on a badly frosted '43 Colt barrel and it shined up nicely. I know everyone has their own favorite remedy, but that worked for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts