1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys. Been on the forum for awhile, but haven't posted much outside the gunsmithing board. Had to just say that I keep hearing more and more about the DW guns and that folks who own them seem to love them, and that they experience very few problems. That, on top of the fact that I REALLY like the aesthetics of the DW pistols, may keep me lurking over here a bit more. I look forward to the eye candy and being a lurking reader.

Best,
Jon

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Just don't take the COTEP and joking seriously. Dave Severns is a good source for a "relatively unbiased" opinion on things (he sees lots of different things in his business).

Some people are starting to consider DW's "potato chip guns" (can't have just one).

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
A well built, TIGHT, series 70 1911. Nuttin wrong with that. :)

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave Severns is a good source for a "relatively unbiased" opinion on things (he sees lots of different things in his business).
See, that proves just how "in the dark" I am. I didn't even know that Mr. Dave was even involved with these guns until I read his post here (after I posted) about the 2010 lineup. I'm already familiar with Dave (not personally, but through his absolute guru status on the Gunsmithing board) and have learned that if he says something it can be taken to the bank without further review or inquiry.

Best,
Jon

·
Registered
872 Posts
A good opportunity to thank Dave for all he does for us....

off subject .... Thanks Dave

Like was said above "bet you can't eat just one"

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Jon
You need a DW.
You are very knowledgeable about the 1911 and bring up great ideas, questions and suggestions in gunsmithing section. Your presence here would be beneficial to all the guys and gals.

Tom

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Welcome to the DW corner Jon! Don't be a stranger. Knowlege is always welcome here!:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Hey Jon, Steve here... We spoke a few times on the phone and I'm glad to see your taking a liking to my favorite brand of 1911! Welcome to the true COTEP buddy! :rock:

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome, guys. Lordy, I can't go buyin' any more pistols - already burned up my "buy myself a Christmas present" money on a bunch of tools and that Caspian Damascus slide and Ti receiver I'd been wantin' for so long. (a BIG "cha-ching!) I'd love to find a DW here and shoot it. I think "Tturner" lives here and has one, and maybe I can coax him into a range day. In the meantime, I'll enjoy reading and learnin' about these guns from ya.

Good to see ya, Steve.

Best,
Jon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts