1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Administrator
78,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Or at at least it looks that way here in WA. I stopped by a large chain store gun shop this morning, and immediately I noticed all of their gun racks and glass cases were almost completely empty. Even though the new law doesn't take effect until July 1st, it turns out we are now past the legal date to buy a semi-auto rifle or handgun with a "high capacity" magazine (due to the waiting period), and since by law they cannot simply sell a SKU'd hi-cap firearm w/o the mag they had to pull all the firearms and send them back to the warehouse for sale elsewhere. So that's it Washingtonians... no more ARs or double-stack handguns for you. At least not until inventory gets replenished with state-compliant models with neutered magazines.

All they had left in stock were a few 10/22s, some shotguns, and small single-stack semi-autos. They still had some hi-cap mags for sale, at normal prices (no discount since they will simply send those back as well at the end of the month).

·
Administrator
78,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why can’t they sell a gun without the mag?
Because it can accept ‘high cap’ mags?
Most if not all semi autos that take 10rnd mags will accept standard capacity ones.
It's a matter of selling a SKU that came from the factory with hi-caps. By law they can't do it. They can still sell the same exact firearm if it's a state-compliant SKU with 10-rounders. I asked what about me selling my guns to them or on consignment w/o a mag or if I include a 10-rounder, and they said they don't know. So I assume the law only affects new inventory. At least I hope so.

So basically all of you in so-called "free states" are going to see a flood of guns and magazines show up for sale on Gunbroker in the next few months, as every gun shop here large & small is forced to sell their remaining inventory out of state.

·
Premium Member
3,317 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of this, will police confiscate regular mags if they catch you with them at the range? I heard that the evil one here in oregon is planning more infringements here, but I don't watch the local news anymore because it's all run by marxists.

·
Administrator
78,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Existing mags are grandfathered... for now. No doubt cops in the rural pro-2A counties aren't even going to give a damn, so Idaho gun shops are going to start seeing a lot of cash-only sales.

Reactions: Levian

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
It's going to be interesting to see who has the highest "Stringent Gun Control Death Rates".

Will it be Seattle, Portland, San Franciso, LA, Baltimore or the Champeen, Chicago?

·
Registered
510 Posts
End of the World? :giggle: Can I stop paying my mortgage now?

Anyhow, in all seriousness, I knew this was coming and with Lake City surplus ammo being off the market, we can easily see 5.56 ammo sell for $2.00 a round sometime soon. I read that it was 30% of the ammo supply for 5.56.
So, now you see the plan. "They", whether you want to call them the left, gun controllers, anti gunners or S hithead Democrats, THEY want YOU the law abiding citizen to become a listless panty waste and do what they tell you to do. Since making a run on the 2nd amendment is not feasible, even in the near future. The next best thing to do is tax, regulate or restrict everything you need to perpetuate your 2nd amendment right. Wait until they start hazard and excise taxing all of you components....

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
...Or at at least it looks that way here in WA. I stopped by a large chain store gun shop this morning, and immediately I noticed all of their gun racks and glass cases were almost completely empty. Even though the new law doesn't take effect until July 1st, it turns out we are now past the legal date to buy a semi-auto rifle or handgun with a "high capacity" magazine (due to the waiting period), and since by law they cannot simply sell a SKU'd hi-cap firearm w/o the mag they had to pull all the firearms and send them back to the warehouse for sale elsewhere. So that's it Washingtonians... no more ARs or double-stack handguns for you. At least not until inventory gets replenished with state-compliant models with neutered magazines.

All they had left in stock were a few 10/22s, some shotguns, and small single-stack semi-autos. They still had some hi-cap mags for sale, at normal prices (no discount since they will simply send those back as well at the end of the month).
I am sure you can get a moving company to move you and your family to the great state of Georgia 🇬🇪. We have open carry and you can have as many magazines as you want. Taxes aren’t to bad lots of good paying jobs or maybe Alabama might suit your needs. Just pack up and leave those liberals behind they will end up destroying there self’s. And you can laugh at them. 1911’s Forever

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I am sure you can get a moving company to move you and your family to the great state of Georgia 🇬🇪. We have open carry and you can have as many magazines as you want. Taxes aren’t to bad lots of good paying jobs or maybe Alabama might suit your needs. Just pack up and leave those liberals behind they will end up destroying there self’s. And you can laugh at them. 1911’s Forever
If it is like California. You have to travel to a state far away to rent a U-haul trailer. Otherwise you pay triple rates. So many people are leaving the state that there is a big shortage on moving trailers and trucks.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
If I lived there I would either transfer or quit my job. If the woman objects...................well there are others.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I keep hoping the San Andreas will simply cut the hell loose.. Since the fault runs right on up thru Seattle, we clear up an entire raft of problems - and folks will magically have the latest Beachfront Property, too.
Remember the subduction earthquakes that devastated Indonesia and Japan? There is a subduction zone right off the coast of Washington state, it’s the Cascadia Subduction Zone. In 2009, some geologists predicted a 10% to 14% probability that the Cascadia Subduction Zone will produce an event of magnitude 9.0 or higher in the next 50 years. In 2010, studies suggested that the risk could be as high as 37% for earthquakes of magnitude 8.0 or higher. It’s not IF, it’s WHEN. When it happens, they say the tsunami could be 100 feet high. When it last slipped in the year 1700, it also caused a tsunami all the way across the Pacific in Japan.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts