1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Into firearms most of my life the last 31 years in Florida. I have a few 1911's different brands most with a 5" barrel and a couple carry ones. Never bought a Kimber my first a
K6S .357 mag with laser grips revolver. I like the ones i have seen all over Florida gun shops until one day in my LGS I see a 1911with a 6" barrel in a show case and I had to have it because I never owned a 6" 1911. It was a Kimber target LS in 45acp for under $1000.00 . What a great 1911. I changed the grips and installed a one piece mag well. No hang ups with this one. Here is a photo .

·
Registered
579 Posts
Very nice! These pistols are one of the best values for the money, IMO. Mine is the very same finish and equipped with Target sights just like yours, only mine is a Stainless Target II 5 incher in 9mm. I'm sure yours is like mine in that the slide to frame fit is perfection, fitted very precisely but glides like it's on ball bearings. Mine has a fiber optic front sight but yours appears to be a patridge target sight. Oh, I put the same Smith & Alexander one piece mainspring housing and magwell on mine that you have on yours.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have put that one peace mag well on eight 1911's they were $85.00 I think . Here is a better photo of the gun with a Colt . I gave the Colt competition to my younger son Frank.

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
I have never seen one of these. Very cool. Do tell about the sights........

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's easy to install the mag well. Go on YouTube their is a video on how to change it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts