1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You own you would go to if SHTF. Discounting reliability, I don't own any guns that aren't reliable. I'm thinking my single six. 6 shots of .22 out of a pistol is not going to accomplish much. Great gun for plinking but way to many other options. If I limit my choice to centerfire, probably my P64. Again, capacity would be the issue plus slow mag changes with the euro style mag release. Plus its only good for very short range with the tiny little sights. Rifle, I'd leave the mosin nagant in The safe. To heavy to carry around, ammo hard to find and I can't hit squat with it. Big heavy tough round though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
"The last gun" I'd pick? Has got to be my Jennings J-22 while It will keep all shots on a chest sized target at 10yrds, It lives In my range bag...It's amusing and cheap to shoot.

·
Administrator
72,377 Posts
My NAA .22LR mini-revolver. Absolutely useless as a firearm, even though it's well-made and incredibly cute. I'd rely on my Jennings J-22 before that thing, because a sharp knife is far more effective as a weapon.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
My fantastic plastic squirt gun---transparent blue, near unlimited shots but she does leak a little--- kind of embarrassing for pocket carry.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I will just find my first wife and hide behind her. Once she starts bitching and whining the bad guys will run away or shoot themselves.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I will just find my first wife and hide behind her. Once she starts bitching and whining the bad guys will run away or shoot themselves.
LOL.. now that's funny. Good one!

My scary black sporting rifle because of distance, accuracy and capability. Side arm, depends. SHTF I don't care about conceal-ability so probably either my P220 or 1911 for durability and up-close defense.

LOL.. ex-wives. If we could only know how to marry the 2nd one first..

·
Registered
3,605 Posts

My scary black sporting rifle because of distance, accuracy and capability. Side arm, depends. SHTF I don't care about conceal-ability so probably either my P220 or 1911 for durability and up-close defense.

I'm on my 3rd

·
Registered
328 Posts
War Wagon, if zombies are overrunning your position, you just need to be faster than the next guy.

Recognize any of them Scubadad? I'm still laughing over that one.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
My NAA .22LR mini-revolver. Absolutely useless as a firearm, even though it's well-made and incredibly cute. I'd rely on my Jennings J-22 before that thing, because a sharp knife is far more effective as a weapon.
My friend had his go out of time, just cycling the action. They certainly aren't made for repeated use. They're fun novelties though.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Last gun? I’m thinking about a game/ meat getter. Being stealthy is required because of uninvited guests. One shot and anyone in the area will come running.

Stealth= co2 pellet gun for smaller game there’s a co2 rifle for hog hunting. Very quiet when hunting. Even a BB gun. Next on the list is a 22 short single shot or pump, bolt rifle?

Think meat..?

Bigger guns for self defense if needed.

Zombies are we being warned on what’s to come?

·
Registered
160 Posts
OMG you're the only other person I know who actually bought one.
Oh and personally I'd grab the sharp knife before the Jennings:)

·
Administrator
72,377 Posts

Lwrc m6 a5 sbr 10.5" & g17.
What ever the local Leo's carry for type of ammo . G19 or G23
I think some of you guys are misinterpreting the original post. He asked which is the LAST gun you'd use out of your collection.

Besides the NAA .22 I have several others, but that's okay because not every firearm I bought was purchased with the intent of surviving World War III with it. I already have enough guns for World Wars III, IV, and V as it is.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Holy cow. Yes I misinterpreted the post, absolutely. The last gun in my collection I'd bug with if SHTF is... either one of my two pellet guns or my purple 410 pump shotgun. Nothing against the 410, but that ugly p.o.s. is the cheapest, lowest quality gun in my collection.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts