1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,056 Posts
My last would probably be might 410/45 LC Cobray/Leinad double barrel Derringer. Loading it is a chore, there is no extractors (I often have to pull cases out with a screwdriver or pocket knive, because of this.), the safety switch is sticky, and the small bird's head style grip makes recoil sharp and painful. I once fired a 3 inch magnum in this gun. I thought I broke my fingers at first. This is truly the worst gun I own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Ruger 10/22. I have others that are better suited for every application. Fun to shoot though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
My WASR 10/63, in fact even my 5.56/.223 AK.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,477 Posts
Main thing I want if I have to BO is fire power and reliability. So my choice is my Rock River Ar Op 3 with my eotech and my Sig P229 elite. If my wife comes with me she gets the FN s2000 gen1 and the XDm9. Going to have be a hell of reason to bug out as to leave all the other fine arms at home. I would do better to bug in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,975 Posts
I think some of you guys are misinterpreting the original post. He asked which is the LAST gun you'd use out of your collection.
I don't have a large collection, so they all come with me, none are "last" items.

The issue I have is, only 4 share 22lr cal, the rest are all different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,757 Posts
The h&r revolvers and short 22’s make nice food getters too besides protection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Depend if long or short term. The guns I leave behind if its collapse of civilisation level are the biggest ones. The keeper is 22LR for me, in anything. Its multiple times cheaper and lighter than anything else, I'll be shooting years after the 9mm guys are empty and have reverted to using spears. Its more lethal than many think. Hardly a long range option but for comparison 22LR still has energy to penetrate 12" gelatin at 200 yards, check it on youtube. It goes straight through windshields, house doors, up to 12 layers of dry wall, and will kill hog or deer with base of ear shots. I have hunted with it here quite a bit, as its legal to do so. You are passing up more shots but its still a lot better than a bow and arrow.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
72,467 Posts
What's disturbing is that the last guns most of us would want to have around in an emergency situation are pretty much the only ones the anti-gunners are remotely okay with us keeping. The more practical it is for serious use the more likely they want to ban it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
328 Posts
I'm leaning towards long range guns first and as I run out of ammo work my way down to the last gun with ammo in the safe, my son's Red Ryder BB gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
This Colt 4th Model .22 Short single-shot derringer that is kept on hand is almost good enough to qualify for a mention this thread.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,170 Posts
Some pretty interesting comments here.

Actually with all things considered. I could likely do pretty well with some of my single shots. With the terrain around here and my knowledge of it. I would not dismiss it entirely.

If I can smoke you 500 yards + away from me, that M forgery might not do you all that much good. Just sayin.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,696 Posts
My NAA .22LR mini-revolver. Absolutely useless as a firearm, even though it's well-made and incredibly cute. I'd rely on my Jennings J-22 before that thing, because a sharp knife is far more effective as a weapon.
I had a Jennings J22. Loved that gun. Shot a bunch of ammo thru it. Paid $25 for it new and it worked fine right up until the time I sold it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I would have to lean towards my GSG 1911 22lr or Ruger 22/45 and the screw on barrel extender. I can carry 500 rounds of ammo easily. It is a super quiet covert weapon as to not draw attention to myself or my location and can get the job done 90% of the time. The other 10% are covered with a Glock 19/17/34 and a 223 AR15.
 
21 - 40 of 61 Posts
Top