1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Heritage Series from the Performance Center has made me want to break the boycott before, but this is madness! How can I resist such a gun? Has the new ownership denounced the Clinton/Cuomo deal? Think of me what you will, call me what you will..... I don't care. I'm getting one of these!!

Lew Horton doesn't even have these yet so they must be rather new. Anybody got an original? How about her Colt counterpart?

Here's the info page: http://www.smith-wesson.com/sport/m25_12.html

[This message has been edited by Inspector Harry Callahan (edited 09-23-2001).]

·
Administrator
73,370 Posts
WW2 retro is definitely "in" these days.

As with the Colt though, I think a person's money is better spent on an original specimen. Colt/S&W 1917 prices haven't gone through the roof yet, like they have with the 1911s.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. The originals can be had (when you can find them) for a pretty decent price. The more I weigh the price against the boycottt against the product against the.... Well, you get the picture.

Still, that's quite a piece. I'd be VERY willing to lay down 750 bucks for her.

Regards.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have a s&w 1917. i got it from my grandmother, she used it to shoot one of her husbands with when my mom was 2. its in good shape, the blueing is worn, but there are no pits or rust on the gun, and it shoots like a dream.

russel the cop

------------------
CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND....

·
Administrator
73,370 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
no kidding! my mom says she still remembers it, she may have been 2 or 3, but she said the guy came home drunk one night and started hitting on my grandmother, my mom ran into the bedroom and my grandmother picked her up and had the m1917 in her other hand and shot the guy in the chest. mom said that the bullet went through a heavy coat and lodged in a metal cigar case he had in his chest shirt pocket. luckily he didn't have to go to the hospital, but it was the end of the short marriage!!!

its cool to have a family gun with a bit of history in the safe!

russel the cop

------------------
CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts