1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's have some fun. 3 new projects, 3 new standard calibers.??

What are they?

Bob
:D

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I'll Play...

Patriot Commander....Bobtail option.

Patriot CCO....

Patriot in 38 Super...

New Standard Calibers..

9x23....38 Super....45 Winmag... :eek:

Do I win anything? ;)

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
OK....

9mm Patriot

10mm Patriot

.45 Patriot Commander

Close?

Art

and PS...... FIBER OPTIC sights as a option on ALL!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'll play too!

New Projects:
1. Razorback CCO (options for sights and FCS)
2. Patriot CCO (options for sights and FCS)
3. A new breed = the 1911 style in .22lr

New Standard Calibers:
1. 10mm
2. .38 Super
3. Okay, I reserve the right to come back and edit this post to
put something in this spot. Because right now I just don't
know.

Okay, I had to add this just to be honest. If a Razorback CCO configuration is to be made, I will buy one. I will also be buying a Patriot CCO config in .45 if made also. So basically I'm being selfish and voting for stuff that I want. To heck with all of you guys...me! me! me! It's all about me!:D

·
Banned
5,951 Posts
New projects......

1. Patriot CCO

2. Patriot Commander

3. Seven Commander / CCO

Three new standard calibers:

9mm, 38 Super, 10mm

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
315 Posts
How about a new line of Lightweight commanders..

A 10mm commander with bobtail would be real nice

New Cal. 9x23, .40S&W, and .357sig. PLEASE!!

Oh and get them all on the MD List.. :)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
md-15 in 10mm (blued steel)
1911 scaled down to 9mm size
Something new and really different like a wildley or an automag.

·
Registered
200 Posts
9mm (9x19) Partriot Commander-SS
45 ACP Patriot Commander-SS
Both of above to be WITHOUT front slide serrations and the 45ACP is to have adjustable sights, and the 9mm to have 3 dot fixed sights.

·
Registered
809 Posts
My guess:

Bullseye in .45 acp, (but I would like to see someone try a SIG 210 killer in 9mm.)

CCO and Commander in 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 acp.

Add the 460 Rowland to the Patriot line.

My reasoning is this.

The bullseye could be just a modified Patriot, easy to design, harder to build, but could become the new flagship pistol.

The CCO has been asked for a lot, once you have the 4.25" slide, you combine that with a slightly modified Patriot frame for the Commander, most bang for the buck for Bob.

DW has experience with the 460 and I assume reamers, gages, barrel stock etc. Again an easy add.

The 9mm is a no brainer, cheap ammo and very popular, if you have a 9, the .40 follows. Be a good fit for the CCW guns, less recoil.

I was going to guess the .45 G.A.P. just for fun, but the G word isn't too popular around here for some reason :)

Is there a prize? Like the closest guess gets one of each?

If this weren't the 1911 forum I would hope for the 10mm M-15/715, assuming the cylinder is large enough for six holes. I'd pass over any 1911 for that.

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
3 New Guesses...

New guns will actually be:
1. New model, with mandatory external extractor and funky firing pin safety. It's what's best for you...trust me... :confused: Dubbed the "Special K" Model.

2. New model with 2-piece barrel and mainspring housing lock, assembled primarily from non-USA components. Dubbed the "ShavoMatic"... :eek:

3. New, space-age, high-tech DA/SA model with high-bore axis and funky controls. Excessive muzzle flip guaranteed or your money back. Dubbed the "P-2Funny". :barf:

C'mon...just a wee bit o' humor, guys! :D

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I would love to have a Pointman Minor "inexpensive" type in a .22lr. I just can't bring myself (yet) to pay $650+ for a 1911 dedicated to the .22.

How about an aluminum frame pistol with commander 4" slide and officers frame with bobtail option on this kind of gun would be great. 3" barrel would even be a nice option.

Last but not least a 10mm hunter. 6" longslide. Adj. Sights, frontstrap checkering, Some type of finish like Robars camo or maybe even just a two tone OD green and black. Although it seems everyone is doing this now. Or .460 Roland or .40 Super. A good round to hunt with.

Anyway these are three guns that I think the market is missing right now. Or atleast I have missed them in the market.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I wish someone would start making the Coonan 1911's again. 357 and 38 Special conversion kits, plus get the 41 Magnum he was working on going as well. I really miss mine, but I stay away because they are so hard to find magazines/parts for. I don't want a gun I'm afraid to use.
Failing that, it would be nice to see a "magnum." 45 Win Mag would be awesome, but would have to be LAR size. There's another design that should be brought back!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hmm...

I only seem to be interested in products that aren't being made commercially (large scale), but since I have no imagination, I'll pick through what others have already put out.

1. 10mm CCO, (no fcs!)

2. I like Peter's idea of a scaled down 9mm (in a CCO, and again, no fcs). If this could be in size between the the Colt Pocketlite and a standard 1911, it would make a fantastic CCW. I think that pistol could be a good seller.

3. 460 Rowland? If one of these could be made durably enough to shoot without a comp, I'd be interested. If not, I'd lean toward a Patriot CCO.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Re: 3 New Guesses...

dpcdivr said:
2. New model with 2-piece barrel and mainspring housing lock, assembled primarily from non-USA components. Dubbed the "ShavoMatic"... :eek:
I know you're talking about springfield, but what is a two piece barrel (I've heard they have them).
Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts