1911Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
that was my point STOP answering for other members, if I want your opinion I'll ask you

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Hmmm,... you obviously have me confused with someone who gives a crap what your cali bred elitism expects! I speak as a freeman, not a subject,... if you don't like public opinion, stay out of public forums!
Take your personal bickering to PM's, it doesn't belong here.

Reactions: tgt_usa

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am a lifetime NRA member but never received a single communication from the NRA on the Chipman issue. OTOH, I received several emails from GOA (of which I am also a lifetime member) urging me to oppose his nomination, providing simple means to do so, etc. I had no idea that the NRA was even involved in a campaign to stop it.
They were sending me e-mails so.....

·
Administrator
75,201 Posts
Hmmm,... you obviously have me confused with someone who gives a crap what your cali bred elitism expects! I speak as a freeman, not a subject,... if you don't like public opinion, stay out of public forums!
To you and other members here who seem to be talking this way a lot lately... either learn to disagree like a gentleman or expect the forum staff to intervene and take action. We're getting sick and tired of the snide remarks often posted here as of late.

·
Registered
457 Posts
To you and other members here who seem to be talking this way a lot lately... either learn to disagree like a gentleman or expect the forum staff to intervene and take action. We're getting sick and tired of the snide remarks often posted here as of late.
If this, first time, defending myself is being construed as being "snide" by you,... just say word and I will leave, taking with my Right to freedom of speech with me?

If woke censorship has reached this site to the degree that what I said was a snide remark,... I am on the wrong gun site!

Just say the word!

·
Administrator
75,201 Posts
This is a privately-owned forum and we have rules. If you want to exercise your freedom of speech, create your own website and have at it.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
AZ, you've made many valuable posts. Posts that belong here.
This is a good time to have a glass of wine and start afresh tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
The NRA has had many more highs than lows. I have been a member for 56 years now. Although I can't speak for all the others that have been members for over a half century I do sometimes wonder where these "experts" on how the NRA or GOA should be run get their vast knowledge and experience on how these Orgs should be run. Or why their opinions should be valued at all.

I am a Life NRA member and GOA member. Pleased with both Orgs. GOA is relatively new compared to the NRA and no doubt will go through the same bumpy roads over the next few decades same as the NRA. So we need to have a little patience and let these Orgs win some/lose some. Let them choose their battles. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water by working or speaking against them. Let's share our displeasure with the managers of these Orgs and not the whole world and/or our enemies.

For heavens sake if we aren't going to help the gun rights Orgs the least we could do is not hinder them.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I bet that you have gotten solicitations for a donations from them. What do you think that they do with ILA and PVF donations?
Probably buy new suits and who know what else for Wayne.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The NRA must not be allowed to fall. We all better pay very close attention to what the communists in NY are up to.
I really don’t like WLP but this is not the time to abandon the NRA. He must go. That is for sure but don’t gore your ox on them until they beat back the enemy.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
GOA has accomplished exactly zero here in Florida, except bash the NRA on forums, undermine Republicans, and call Florida gun owners lazy. I encourage all I meet to avoid the GOA like they would Dudley Brown, and stick with the NRA

·
Registered
186 Posts
As an NRA life memeber for 40+ years, and sent that much again, I have seen a constant eroding of the NRA, in leadership, fighting gun control, generally getting things done. Then I get a letter begging for more money weekly. Remember the Cincinnati Revolt? Remember how that was under Harlen? Remember how long it was before the NRA ''leadership" got rid of anyone pro-gun and it was back to the same old/same old? Notice how all the industry movers and shakers on the NRA Board bailed like rats off a sinking ship? Looked at the Board's recommendations? Looked at WHY the ones who left did, or WHY the recommended were?

Wayne seems to be a bone of contention too. Wayne gets a $6 million dollar salary (yes, $6,000,000), a clothing allowance (don't want to look it up right off, if you want to do so, please do and post exact figure) of a few $100,000, a travel allowance of a few $100,000, a... well you get the idea.

Is he worth that?! Personally, I got no idea! However..., I have a real problem with ANYONE who "works for me" getting that sort of money, especially with the results we are getting. Could he live well on, say, $1 Mil.? Who knows, but I'd like to find out if I could! In any case that would free up $5 million to fight for our rights. Get rid of the clothing allowance too. "But he has to look good!" What, he can't look good spending his own $1 mil salary for clothes?! Does he have a special "NRA only" set of clothes, or does he wear everything everywhere outside of "work"? How much does he travel that he spends $100,000 (or whatever the exact figure is) a year? I've love to see the invoices and travel vouchers!

Sure, the NRA is the 600 pound gorilla in the room, but the world isn't changed by 600 lb gorillas, it is changed, as Thomas Jefferson said, by dedicated "patriots constantly setting brushfires", and keeping the enemy busy and off-kilter. The NRA doesn't do that. From what I've seen lately, they don't do much of anything.

That means all the "little" groups, JPFO, 2nd Amend Foundation, etc., etc., who fight on the federal and state level, all the little local/state pro-gun groups who fight on the state/local level, etc., are picking up the slack, and the NRA is stepping in at the last moment and claiming the lion's share of the credit, it seems to me. If you disagree, I'd be happy to hear an intelligent and reasoned argument, and no, "you are a poopy head", is not actually an argument, nor is it reasoned.

The NRA should have been out of NY 40 years ago. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. The writing was on the wall 60 years ago, 30 years ago, 20 years ago, 10 years ago, and now the members pay the price of the "leaderships" fecklessness. How much of our dues goes to the rabidly anti-gun state of NY in taxes/fees/miscellaneous?! TOO much as far as I'm concerned, and that includes IL too! WHY are ANY gun companies in that state?!

enough for now. Looking forward to a reasoned and thoughtful discussion here.

·
Administrator
75,201 Posts
If I were the head of GOA I'd offer a free one-year membership to any current NRA member. If the state of NY succeeds in dismantling the NRA we're going to need to be able to rise back up phoenix-like immediately and be right back in their faces. While I hope the NRA wins this case it looks like NY is stacking everything in their favor.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bet that you have gotten solicitations for a donations from them. What do you think that they do with ILA and PVF donations?
I have not gotten solicitations from them for quite a while either. I stopped responding to their requests for donations after Oliver North was forced out and all of their dirty linen became public. Previous to that, even though I was a life member, I used to still send them donations. Maybe because I stopped, I was dropped from their mailing list? I still get my free copy of The Rifleman.

Neko

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
What I don't like is that GOA has been the talk around here by a few people for a few years and I don't see much more from them than the few forum posts about them. They may be the future but they are certainly NOT the present. If it weren't for this forum, I may not have heard of them other then in passing. I'm a hunter, reloader, avid shooter, etc. THey are missing the bulk of their market.

If the NRA /NY lawsuit is that up in the air and the end could be near- the NRA needs to start sharing the membership lists and helping GOA be a ready and waiting replacement.

Or can they not start a new NRA- like org in a friendly state and stick to the things not in question. Let the "old NRA' one go under, so NY can suck it?

·
Administrator
75,201 Posts
GOA has mostly been active at the state level. They don't yet have the muscle to take on our enemies in Congress and the White House.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
It's not about whoever is its President at a particular time in history.

Just as with the White House, presidents come and go. The White House itself and the people it represents are of a more durable nature. We are not Joe Biden; similarly, the NRA isn't merely its current president.
For starters, WLP is not the president of the NRA, he's the "CEO and Executive Vice President."
WLP also does not "come and go." The man has been in the same position for nearly 30 years, and most of the NRA's current problems are his fault.
Time for him to step aside. The whole organization cannot suffer because of one man.

·
Registered
303 Posts
What I don't like is that GOA has been the talk around here by a few people for a few years and I don't see much more from them than the few forum posts about them. They may be the future but they are certainly NOT the present. If it weren't for this forum, I may not have heard of them other then in passing. I'm a hunter, reloader, avid shooter, etc. THey are missing the bulk of their market.

If the NRA /NY lawsuit is that up in the air and the end could be near- the NRA needs to start sharing the membership lists and helping GOA be a ready and waiting replacement.

Or can they not start a new NRA- like org in a friendly state and stick to the things not in question. Let the "old NRA' one go under, so NY can suck it?
As others have said, GOA is basically involved in litigation, The name, NRA, is much bigger and they have a ground game that gets people elected and keeps people elected. The GOA is just not structured that way. With their limited funds, they can do lawsuits and that helps the NRA. If GOA is running the legal cases in California that frees up the NRA and others to work in other states. So, far they are all doing a good job.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts