1911Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
The NRA, is not one man, it is 5+ million members, and that is where the strength is! If for one minute I thought that the commie A.G.'s would be satisfied, and leave the NRA alone, and withdraw their suits against the NRA, I might back getting rid of WLP. But compromise with commies, only means kicking the can down the road. How many times do we have to watch this cherade? Reach down, check your pair, and man the F up. The NRA is the target, all 5 million of us, not WLP, but what the NRA stands for, FREEDOM, the commies can not allow it!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
I agree, partially, with the above post. Wayne is NOT the ONLY problem, but he IS the 600 lb gorilla in the room problem. No, Wayne is not the Prez., but he runs the NRA like his own private fiefdom and THAT is the problem. The NRA "Prez" seems barely a figurehead, and the board is a rubber-stamp, or they are removed and replaced with rubberstamps.

I agree that firing Wayne will in no way make the commie AG happy or content. You DO NOT compromise with commies, not if you want to stay alive any longer then they will allow you to! As to digging deep down for money, Wayne got $6 mil. of the NRA's money for YEARS, money that could have and should have fought battles that could have/would have stopped all this in its tracks YEARS ago! It was Wayne who made stupid decisions for YEARS that got us to where we are today. Thanks, Wayne. If you feel like throwing good money after bad, I'll give you a pat on the back and a "well done", but I've thrown money at the NRA for years and this is what I've/we've got for it?! So not a dime until I see positive changes at the top, and 100% pro-gun action! Get rid of the deadwood, get some pro-gun action going, stop wasting money on stupid big salaries, you know, what Harlen was doing until he was backstabbed and railroaded by the anti-gun/business as usual crowd. Then I'll send more money, but not to see it pissed away on golden parachutes and the same old same old.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Let's see if the NRA survives this. If the strength and support of the NRA's membership is strong enough. The NRA is a little more than Wayne. The GOA is a babe in the woods. They simply don't have the clout of the NRA.

Haters are going to hate. Gun owners are going to fight back.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I agree, partially, with the above post. Wayne is NOT the ONLY problem, but he IS the 600 lb gorilla in the room problem. No, Wayne is not the Prez., but he runs the NRA like his own private fiefdom and THAT is the problem. The NRA "Prez" seems barely a figurehead, and the board is a rubber-stamp, or they are removed and replaced with rubberstamps.

I agree that firing Wayne will in no way make the commie AG happy or content. You DO NOT compromise with commies, not if you want to stay alive any longer then they will allow you to! As to digging deep down for money, Wayne got $6 mil. of the NRA's money for YEARS, money that could have and should have fought battles that could have/would have stopped all this in its tracks YEARS ago! It was Wayne who made stupid decisions for YEARS that got us to where we are today. Thanks, Wayne. If you feel like throwing good money after bad, I'll give you a pat on the back and a "well done", but I've thrown money at the NRA for years and this is what I've/we've got for it?! So not a dime until I see positive changes at the top, and 100% pro-gun action! Get rid of the deadwood, get some pro-gun action going, stop wasting money on stupid big salaries, you know, what Harlen was doing until he was backstabbed and railroaded by the anti-gun/business as usual crowd. Then I'll send more money, but not to see it pissed away on golden parachutes and the same old same old.
I was under the impression Wayne has a pretty huge retirement already in place. I am not getting why he doesn't step aside for the team.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I was under the impression Wayne has a pretty huge retirement already in place. I am not getting why he doesn't step aside for the team.
Certainly many may be worried about Wayne's retirement fund.

Me? I am worrying about keeping my guns.

·
Registered
766 Posts
The NRA still has some of the best lobbyists on the planet. I don't give a sht who or what Wayne is, as long as he or someone like him keeps winning for us. And I don't care how many houses they buy with my money. If you can point out someone better, I'm always wide open to suggestions.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Then don't say open to suggestions. I have no respect for WLP. Talk about and elitist. He damn well knows he is bringing the NRA Membership down with him.
I like you Crab, but please don't get me started on Ted Nugent. I appreciate that he's a rockstar celebrity that supports our rights, but he embarrasses me. He's not a diplomat or a lobbyist.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
That's fine with me. Ted would be a little hash for the limp wristed Left. But we need someone that can get through the thick and paid-off skulls on the hill.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ted would be great, but we need someone younger, a gun owner, user, hunter, etc. One of the Trump kids maybe?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,931 Posts
NRA's unconscionably late cancelation of the '21 annual meeting has me riled at NRA leadership ... but cutting out NRA due to misbehaviour of the current leadership is what Dad calls:

- Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

The idea is to replace the bad leadership.

·
Premium Member
5,931 Posts
I have not gotten solicitations from them for quite a while either. I stopped responding to their requests for donations after Oliver North was forced out and all of their dirty linen became public. Previous to that, even though I was a life member, I used to still send them donations. Maybe because I stopped, I was dropped from their mailing list? I still get my free copy of The Rifleman.

Neko
NRA "leadership" is doing bad ... that's not NRA. We need to replace the leadership and eliminate the closed-loop of the current leaders deciding who can be 95% of the future leaders i.e. board members.

Ever since becoming a Life member in '91(?), in January I sent the annual dues to NRA-ILA; upgrade membership occasionally; make targeted donations when seeing a need. And disregard solicitations. Not hard.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
This all needs to happen sooner than later. The Dem's are throwing everything they have at the 2nd. We scare the hell out of them. They see that the public(sheep) are stating to see through them.

·
Premium Member
5,931 Posts
This all needs to happen sooner than later. The Dem's are throwing everything they have at the 2nd. We scare the hell out of them. They see that the public(sheep) are stating to see through them.
To confess, I'm afraid being too outspoken about a '21 floor revolt at the Annual Meeting is part of why it was canceled. Not like it's all my fault ... but I was one of the outspoken: hoping to get like-minded voting members mentally prepared to do what it will take to take back NRA from what appear to be the leaches presently in charge. Enough director election ballots looking like mine, ought to have scared some folks too.

·
Registered
25,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
You bed wetters can bitch all you want to. But the only reason that Chipman was shown the door was through us. The membership of the NRA being members of the the NRA. Hate Wayne La Pierre all you want to. But just keep what is important in mind when you do so. Just sayin.

·
Premium Member
5,931 Posts
You bed wetters can bitch all you want to. But the only reason that Chipman was shown the door was through us. The membership of the NRA being members of the the NRA. Hate Wayne La Pierre all you want to. But just keep what is important in mind when you do so. Just sayin.
And it's a valid point that if a successful floor revolt a week ago had prevented booting Chip-man, that might not have been a really good victory; might, in fact, have been considered a loss.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Several other pro gun organizations were instrumental as well as the NRA in getting Chipman out the door. I don't believe it was just the NRA. I don't get why so many people on here are dead set on not fixing the NRA.

·
Premium Member
5,931 Posts
Several other pro gun organizations were instrumental as well as the NRA in getting Chipman out the door. I don't believe it was just the NRA. I don't get why so many people on here are dead set on not fixing the NRA.
My view is that fixing NRA is the only viable solution:

- last I saw the membership of the other orgs totals ~15% that of NRA

- it will take years between another org being the leader and being perceived in congress as the leader

Reactions: ruffdup
41 - 60 of 78 Posts