1911Forum banner
301 - 320 of 1221 Posts

·
Banned
114 Posts
VMII 1911 & Glock 27

Here are my Sparks VMII's. The black one is for my Government model and the tan is for my Glock 27. I have another black one ordered for my Kimber PRO CDP II. It should arrive next month. I love these holsters! I'm going to order an Axiom on the first and see if it beats my current favorite OWB, the Mitch Rosen Premier.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Here is one I made.

Very nice!

Are you going to apply color? It looks great the way it is - Natural look.

Made of Horsehide? The stiching job on your holster is PERFECT! It looks like you've been doing this for a while now. Am I right?

Great Job! Let me know if you need someone to field test your prototypes :)

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Here are my Sparks VMII's. The black one is for my Government model and the tan is for my Glock 27. I have another black one ordered for my Kimber PRO CDP II. It should arrive next month. I love these holsters! I'm going to order an Axiom on the first and see if it beats my current favorite OWB, the Mitch Rosen Premier.

Everytime I see the VMII for Glock subcompacts, I wonder why they don't apply the "extra leather" on their 1911 3" ? :confused:

The extra leather works great especially for short barreled pistols.

BTW, I have both Mitch Rosen Premier and Sparks Axiom. The Axiom pulls the pistol "tighter" against the body. You won't be dissapointed. :rock:

·
Banned
103 Posts
I did not apply color...I like natural as well because no 2 are alike. It is veg-tan cowhide 8oz leather. I started making holsters in February and I am now making a few each month. I am getting much better at stitching. I appreciate the kind words and I wish I could hand out many prototypes but the $$$ doesn't allow it. I have a small photo album with a few pics of the last few I have made. Thanks again for the props.
Carl
http://carlscustomconcealment.angelfire.com/holsters/

Very nice!

Are you going to apply color? It looks great the way it is - Natural look.

Made of Horsehide? The stiching job on your holster is PERFECT! It looks like you've been doing this for a while now. Am I right?

Great Job! Let me know if you need someone to field test your prototypes :)

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
My Les Baer Monolith Commanche has a new holster (VMII)

After riding in a Kramer for the past few months, my LB Monolith Commanche has a new holster. As always, great fit, finish and customer service from the guys at Milt Sparks.

·
Banned
114 Posts
Everytime I see the VMII for Glock subcompacts, I wonder why they don't apply the "extra leather" on their 1911 3" ? :confused:

The extra leather works great especially for short barreled pistols.

BTW, I have both Mitch Rosen Premier and Sparks Axiom. The Axiom pulls the pistol "tighter" against the body. You won't be dissapointed. :rock:

I was thinking about the extra leather on my VMII for Glock and started looking around, every other one I see for the baby glocks don't have the extra leather on the bottom like mine. I wonder what the deal is??

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I was thinking about the extra leather on my VMII for Glock and started looking around, every other one I see for the baby glocks don't have the extra leather on the bottom like mine. I wonder what the deal is??
I hope we are not opening up a can of worms here but I've been wanting to start a new thread regarding the importance of having the "extra leather" or "leather flap" on short barreled pistol holsters.

I realize that a "holster fit" depends on the individual's body type but my experience tells me that pistols with short barrels tend to dig into the hip expecially subcompacts and 3" 1911 pistols.

I have VMII's for most of my 1911's. But for my 3" 1911, I much prefer the Brommeland Max-Con V, or Del Fatti's ISP-LP due to the leather flap at bottom which helps block the end of the muzzle from digging into my hip.

If I had to guess, the VMII for 3" 1911's design was based on the fact that 1911's are generally slimmer with thinner slides versus a Glock Subcompact that are much more thicker and therefore requires the extra leather flap. Am I right?

Since this is still a "Picture" thread , here's my IWB Holsters with the leather flap for subcompacts and 3" 1911s:

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Gotta give Kydex some love......

RAVEN CONCEALMENT
Best regards,
Joseph

I think it's obvious that I prefer leather, BUT if I chose to go kydex, it would defintely be from Raven Concealments. I have the Ghost Phantom and since it's OWB I'll post it on the "OWB thread" instead.

My weaknesses: Guns, Holsters and Nice Watches - Nice TAG you got there! :rock:

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
After riding in a Kramer for the past few months, my LB Monolith Commanche has a new holster. As always, great fit, finish and customer service from the guys at Milt Sparks.

I think I have a fairly large amount of holsters in my collection. But for some reason, I still don't have one of these beautys = VMII w/ Sharkskin! :(

Oh well, I guess the fun of having a hobby is to watch your collection grow.

Someday I'll have one!

Your LB has a beautiful home - Congrats. :rock:

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I did not apply color...I like natural as well because no 2 are alike. It is veg-tan cowhide 8oz leather. I started making holsters in February and I am now making a few each month. I am getting much better at stitching. I appreciate the kind words and I wish I could hand out many prototypes but the $$$ doesn't allow it. I have a small photo album with a few pics of the last few I have made. Thanks again for the props.
Carl
http://carlscustomconcealment.angelfire.com/holsters/

Carl,

Don't mean to put you on a spot here but I really think you have potential. I realize a holster that is well made can only be determined by actually holding are wearing it. But based on your pictures alone, they seem to be well made. As I mentioned before, it looks like your use to the stitching part of the process which is of course extremely important to the holster's durability.

More POWER to you and to your future vision. :rock:

Reactions: shiangti

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Bluegrass Holsters Mason Dixon Hybrid For a Springfield XDM. I will say its the mostcomfortable holster Ive had to date.
How did you get that so quick? I can't get the regular Mason-Dixon I ordered last December for my compact 1911 and he has just recently introduced his hybrid line. Do you maybe have an inside contact? He won't answer calls or return emails and I want my holster I have already paid for!

301 - 320 of 1221 Posts