1911Forum banner
1201 - 1220 of 1668 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Randy: Looks good. Does this pattern have a little more forward cant than the version you would have made for me? I like the extra leather behind the lower portion of the holster.

The pancake you posted looks good too. Really looks like the loops added to the rear, instead of being punched out of the sides, makes it very comfortable. Color combination looks great as well.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Randy: Looks good. Does this pattern have a little more forward cant than the version you would have made for me? I like the extra leather behind the lower portion of the holster.

The pancake you posted looks good too. Really looks like the loops added to the rear, instead of being punched out of the sides, makes it very comfortable. Color combination looks great as well.
cdhbrad...I don't recall the holster I made for you (getting old, I guess!...:)), but I usually build my holsters to be worn either around 3:00 (5-7 degree cant) or 4:00 to 5:00 (20~degree cant). Both of the above holsters are built in the 20~degree forward cant range..

Thanks for the kind remarks, Sir!...:)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
You aren't as old as me......:) Hope this jogs your memory: You built my snap removable when you also did your first double snap removable mag pouch. Pretty sure it is the set at the top of the home page of your website or that is a set exactly like mine. Enjoying both those pieces and the holster you also built for my Springfield XDm 5.25.

Coming to FL for the Winter again this year?

·
Registered
878 Posts
You aren't as old as me......:) Hope this jogs your memory: You built my snap removable when you also did your first double snap removable mag pouch. Pretty sure it is the set at the top of the home page of your website or that is a set exactly like mine. Enjoying both those pieces and the holster you also built for my Springfield XDm 5.25.

Coming to FL for the Winter again this year?
Thanks for the memory jog, Sir! Yes, I DO recall now..:). Since then, I've made LOTS of that same rig. In fact, I built one for myself..

Yes, we'll be in FL this winter. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Here is my most recent set in Horsehide!
Here is my latest set, this set was made for a railed 5inch Sig Sauer Scorpion with the non traditional slide profile. I really am liking the horsehide for the IWBs as it doesn't attract moisture to the gun near as easy as traditional cow does. The OWB model is one we call the Game Warden and is perfect for range use and casual concealment! Enjoy and thanks for looking!!
EWK_0886-Edit.jpg by White Tiger Photographic, on Flickr

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here is one I finished up. Figured it was time to make myself a decent rig. It is the SSM Scabbard in Burgundy Lizard with Black Frog accent, over Burgundy Horsehide. It is part of a set I am doing that will include double mag pouch and a sheath for my John Davis Damascus.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anyone ever cover a holster with denim so it blends in and helps with concealment? Seems there is always a tip sticking out down there with me, or maybe I'm just paranoid. If I hike my pants up anymore I'll need a size 60 waist thanks to this beer gut I've been working on for 35 years. :scratch:

·
Registered
904 Posts
I've been working on another Askins-style holster with a higher ride height. I have a couple of tweaks to make to the pattern, but it seems promising.

I decided to finally get over my apprehension and try a two-tone finish again.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have a close friend who does leather carving and we decided to team up on some holsters, I wanted to do this one as it was near and dear to me as I come from a long family tradition of Masonic involvement. We do have several other designs in the works but I wanted to show off this one a little before my first Lodge meeting!
EWK_3143-Edit.jpg by White Tiger Photographic, on Flickr

1201 - 1220 of 1668 Posts