1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local gunshow this week-end, and while I was walking around, I passed this guy that had a SS Delta Elite Gold Cup for sale. It was about 95%, no box, one mag. The guy was ASKING $650 for it, and I was about $250 short on cash, so I just could not pull the trigger (NPI) on the deal.

After we split up, I started thinking about that pistol, and how that deal just seemed to good to be true. The gun looked great, but that price seems like a steal (thats what really worried me).

I've been looking for that gun for a decent price for over a year. I did not even think to get the guy's home number so I could call him after I came up with the cash.

I've been thinking about that Delta Elite ever since I left the show. Man, how did I let that thing get away from me? Anyway, I knew you guys could relate. Hope it doesn't take another year to come up with one. OUCH!!

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Just keep lookin', but try to have the "jack" with you to cover an opportunity like this, or it'll happen to ya again. A few incidents like that can give you a complex..:( There are a few LARGE, GOOOOD shows in my area, that I won't attend if my cash reserves are low. Too much chance of spotting the proverbial "Big One" , then having to let it go to somebody else's house...

·
Registered
480 Posts
My problem seems to be the reverse. If I go to the gun show, I KNOW I'll find a good deal and have to spend my money. The only way to save any money is not to go at all. There is a show this weekend and I know poeple will be trying to raise Christmas Visa money but I'm NOT going I SWEAR!

I rented a table at the show three months ago and sold six pistols just to thin them out and see cash again. Two shows later, I've bought seven and I'm worse off than I was before. At least the quality of my pistols has risen too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts