1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentleman, we are in serious trouble. The more I talk to my libtard friends the further they entrench themselves. There is absolutely no convincing of anything. Period. Not even entertainment of any other thoughts, except for what they first feed through their leftist media buffer before offering a rebuttal. It's pathetic, actually. They have no thoughts of their own and get visibly upset when someone else does. If you can't defend something without some overpaid idiot mouthpiece telling you how, then it's probably not worth defending. Isn't that just common sense?

I kid you not, "California is a joke, it's a banana republic and embarrassing for the nation." And "I'm voting straight blue next election." Those two sentences came out of his mouth less than 5 minutes apart from each other. What am I supposed to do with that?

I ask because he keeps trying to talk about guns, which I mostly refrain from with him, because it's too aggravating and I don't want to have to pop him in the kisser.

I was always under the assumption that the programed can be de-programed, with truth being the cure. As of now, I am convinced that I was wrong. The hope for unity has never been so gone. We can't offer them thoughts because they won't think. We can't give them truth because they find another "truth." Usually through a politico fact check or some other propagandized source, sometimes paid for by us through taxes. Now if that's not ironic, I don't know what is.

Do we just give up on them? That's kinda where I'm at now. Don't know what else to do.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Ignorance is fixable. Stupid is forever. Reasonable political discourse only works if both sides are reasonably bright, have reasonably opened minds and recognize actual facts when they bite them on the butt. People who think THE VIEW reflects deep political thought are lost causes.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The indoctrination is from the ground up. It starts in the schools, it is in the media, it is taught in college and now corporate America. It is being driven on each coast and ignoring the "fly-over" states - the states that people are leaving the blue states for.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ignorance is fixable. Stupid is forever. Reasonable political discourse only works if both sides are reasonably bright, have reasonably opened minds and recognize actual facts when they bite them on the butt. People who think THE VIEW reflects deep political thought are lost causes.
So true. Worst of all is one in particular, the one I'm closest with is a smart guy. He can definitely think, he just refuses to.

·
Premium Member
4,588 Posts
Gentleman, we are in serious trouble. The more I talk to my libtard friends the further they entrench themselves. There is absolutely no convincing of anything. Period. Not even entertainment of any other thoughts, except for what they first feed through their leftist media buffer before offering a rebuttal.
I was always under the assumption that the programed can be de-programed, with truth being the cure. As of now, I am convinced that I was wrong. The hope for unity has never been so gone. We can't offer them thoughts because they won't think. We can't give them truth because they find another "truth." Usually through a politico fact check or some other propagandized source, sometimes paid for by us through taxes. Now if that's not ironic, I don't know what is.

Do we just give up on them? That's kinda where I'm at now. Don't know what else to do.
Not doubting you ... I don’t run into this, however. A person engaging me about firearms is usually asking for advice. Almost everybody who knows me, knows I’m a firearms instructor. Rarely people try to engage me to persuade me ... the last I recall in real life* was in 2001. A man from church once told me: “Only police and military should have firearms.”. Said as he was pulling away from my driveway and I was still adjusting the seat-belt in his truck .... while I was mulling an appropriate reply, he noticed the blood had drained from my face and said: “Just kidding” (he was) ... even that was ‘long about ‘06.

Give up? Not I: when it finally starts to reach resolution, I want to know that I offered every chance via rational discourse.

*- real life == not the internet

·
Registered
24,420 Posts
They are mixing the Kool aid pretty strong these days. I try to steer clear of them for the most part.
And you can not reason people out of a position that they did not reason themselves into.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
The Left completely controls the media, Hollywood, and academia. People born within the last 20 years got the full brainwashing from all angles and many never hear another side. Combine that with changing demographics that is not wired for freedom and liberty and you have a culture that will never support the America many of us remember and grew up in. It will be a dog fight going forward until such time that more of the old white population dies out and then you can turn the lights out because it's over.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Just because you're 180 degrees opposite doesn't mean that you're not programmed to believe something. I sometimes take a little umbrage at statements like that because "we" are just as bad as they are. Being on the opposite doesn't make one superior.
or right.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Just because you're 180 degrees opposite doesn't mean that you're not programmed to believe something. I sometimes take a little umbrage at statements like that because "we" are just as bad as they are. Being on the opposite doesn't make one superior.
or right.
HT77 is quite correct. Not everything is relative. In life there is what's right and what's wrong. They are on the wrong side, as proven by history over and over and over again. We arrive at our view through study, reasoning, experience, and a love of freedom. They arrive at where they are through emotion and propaganda. I make no apologies for my views, and I have no sympathy for their stupidity. There is no "coming together" with those intent upon your destruction...... unless, of couse, you're suicidal.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
or right.
We sure are. However, were on the side of common sense, science and liberties. The left is way off in loony land. Not to mention communism and facism and racism. I'm confident that we are on the right side of things. Pun intended.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are mixing the Kool aid pretty strong these days. I try to steer clear of them for the most part.
And you can not reason people out of a position that they did not reason themselves into.
I think that basically sums it up. I mean, you can't. I've tried over and over, it doesn't work.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not doubting you ... I don’t run into this, however. A person engaging me about firearms is usually asking for advice. Almost everybody who knows me, knows I’m a firearms instructor. Rarely people try to engage me to persuade me ... the last I recall in real life was in 2001. A man from church once told me: “Only police and military should have firearms.”. Said as he was pulling away from my driveway and I was still adjusting the seat-belt in his truck .... while I was mulling an appropriate reply, he noticed the blood had drained from my face and said: “Just kidding” (he was) ... even that was ‘long about ‘06.

Give up? Not I: when it finally starts to reach resolution, I want to know that I offered every chance via rational discourse.
No way man. I'm still going to argue with him, because we both enjoy it. But I'm done believing that it'll click for any of them. It's just not gonna happen

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Gentleman, we are in serious trouble. The more I talk to my libtard friends the further they entrench themselves. There is absolutely no convincing of anything. Period. Not even entertainment of any other thoughts, except for what they first feed through their leftist media buffer before offering a rebuttal. It's pathetic, actually. They have no thoughts of their own and get visibly upset when someone else does. If you can't defend something without some overpaid idiot mouthpiece telling you how, then it's probably not worth defending. Isn't that just common sense?

I kid you not, "California is a joke, it's a banana republic and embarrassing for the nation." And "I'm voting straight blue next election." Those two sentences came out of his mouth less than 5 minutes apart from each other. What am I supposed to do with that?

I ask because he keeps trying to talk about guns, which I mostly refrain from with him, because it's too aggravating and I don't want to have to pop him in the kisser.

You can reverse that entire post and that's how the left feels about the right. The two sides aren't even on the same page anymore. Now it's just going to come down to who can win elections, or who can steal them.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You can reverse that entire post and that's how the left feels about the right. The two sides aren't even on the same page anymore. Now it's just going to come down to who can win elections, or who can steal them.
Yes, but again, our side is rational. Go talk to the left, if you haven't yet I mean. Actually have a discussion with them. They're completely illogical. It's trickier than you think. If you're not personal friends with one, then they most likely won't talk to you. The only lefties that have ever been willing to explain anything to me has been friends of mine. Most of the time the random lefties either think it's not worth their time, or they outright call you names and leave.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
So you're confirming what I just said...only "your" side is the only rational side. I can't imagine why there's so much division?? Neither side considers the other rational.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
So you're confirming what I just said...only "your" side is the only rational side. I can't imagine why there's so much division?? Neither side considers the other rational.
What exactly is rational about the progressive left? Specifically, I mean. Factually. Not what 'feels' good or 'sounds' good. I mean what, exactly, is there in the progressive platform that is 'rational'?

The so-called 'division' exists because stupidity has been allowed to run rampant for several decades, and certain agitators are now benefitting mightily from it. The lemmings will soon outnumber the free thinkers. HT77 may be incorrect, in that we may be turning the lights out even sooner than we all think.

·
Registered
310 Posts

What you wrote is very true. I've got one or two in my life too. It's bad for your blood pressure. I have been keeping my distance lately and I feel better. Making them think about anything that makes sense is like trying to pull a mules teeth.

Protect your sanity. You need all the sanity you can get, considering all of the insanity happening every day right now.

·
Registered
310 Posts
or right.
That just wasn't a well thought out thing to say. Morals are absolute. The left has none. That makes them wrong.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts