1911Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for the pics John, nice little rifle, I hope to get me one of those, a Garand, or M1a at some point.
Garands are great. But the M1 carbine is half the weight...I'm going to see if I can get my doctor to prescribe it as an "assisted walking device" and maybe Medicare will pay for it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Oh yeah!

Sure hoping to see photos of yours soon johnireland.

Carbines go well with 1911s. Carbines are appropriate companions for several different ol' Army buddies that could be mentioned.

These three have one thing in common. They were all produced by companies that made typewriters.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I always thought the perfect companion for my .45s was ME and my OTHER .45s

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
A perfect companion to my norinco 1911 is my norinco m14s

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Why not all Browning?

Various 1911 copies, original design by John Moses Browning.

1914-manufacture Remington Model 8, designed by JMB, who also designed the .30 Remington cartridge. The Model 8 is a mag-fed semiauto.

1925-manufacture Stevens 520 pump 12ga, designed by JMB, also a takedown design.

Browning seemed to like takedown designs...

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have an Underwood, got it fairly cheap as the stock had been refinished at some point.

Neat little guns, my father carried one in WW2 after his Garand was stolen as he slept out one night while in country.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
What a beautiful trio of weapons. I've been thinking about a bolt action rifle, tell me about yours.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts