1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend at a 3 gun match I used the Champ and 2 of my friends used their super duper Glock 35's. I reigned a butt whooping down upon them. In fact I had to clear a FTF during a house clearing stage and still beat them on that stage. My Champ does not like light loads. It short stroked So I had to clear it out. One of the Glocks jammed on another stage.
Work done one my Champion. Nothing.
Work done on the Glocks. HiViz sights. New connecters. Reshaped slide releases.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Good fer' you Matt!!!

...My Champ prefers full-power loads as well...Must be that recoil spring...Is yours a newer one? Mine was bought in 2000 but it's a 99' model...I'm lookin' forward to headin' to the range to pop a few today...I have about 300 loaded and ready to go...Congrats again!

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

!!!Molon Labe'!!!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Could be that the SA fits your hand better, or any other numerous ergonomic factors that contribute to better shooting.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Could be the Glock is a $500 chunk of plastic and the Springfield is a $1000 piece of forged steel.

Could be the Springfield actually has a trigger and the Glock has some sort of mush-sprung, dual action, two-piece plastic lever thingie.

Could be the Springfield shooter knows what he's doing, once again Glock shooters prove by default of ownership that they have no clue.

Glocks are like women with large breasts. Probably fine people and OK guns, but I'd never go out with one.

------------------
What part of "shall not be infringed" needs 'splainin' ???
----------------------------------------------------------------
PowderBurns Black Powder / Muzzle Loader Forum

[This message has been edited by Genghis (edited 10-09-2001).]

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Ow, ow, ow!!! That kinda stung, fella!

Hey--so the Glock has a mushy trigger. That's why you have to fire from the reset--train for this by letting the trigger go forward under pressure until you feel the click--less than 3/8th of travel. Then, press again, and again, and again.

Yes, the Glock is a five-hundred dollar piece of polymer and steel, and the Springfield costs $1000. Okay, I have a Colt--it cost me $500.00, too!

And, some one won with the SA, and beat out two guys with Glocks? It isn't the gun, but the man or woman behind it. As an example, I consider myself really good with the 1911 (right about 25 years experience with them), but I wouldn't go up against someone like Bob Munden with one, even though he shoots Single Action Army revolvers. I wouldn't even do it if you let me take full aim beforehand, at his chest, from close range, while he still had his gun in the holster!!!

Oh, by the way---REAL MEN SHOOT GLOCKS!!!!

------------------
"Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size;

When trouble rises, call on me and I will equalize."

·
Registered
73 Posts
Genghis, we can argue about "my 1911 is better than your Glock" all day but you cannot possibly believe that real men don't date voluptuous women! Give me a Glock and a big...never mind. haha. BTW, I do have a shiny new SA Supertuned that I just love.

------------------
Those willing to trade freedom for security get neither.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually the 35 cost more than my champion.
I believe victory was acheived due to a couple of factors.
1. Better Trigger control.
2. I can run like the wind
3. I Dry fire practice more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts