1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you want an indoor range, I haven't found a better place than the shootist. No rifle calibers, but it's clean, well lit, etc.

I think it's about $14/hour unless you buy some ammo from them and then it's like $11.

I can't take Cheery Creek- unpowered target holders (you have to use a pully system), you only have a window of a few feet up/down left/right, you're crowded next to all the other people... no fun.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've been scouting pistol ranges in Denver the last few weeks. I'll pay the admission when I actually have a few pennies to rub together.

Maybe I'll throw together some actual reviews and put them up on a web site.

The Shootist was my least favorite of the four that I have scouted. I went in around closing and the owner was less than congenial. The actual shop looked more like a garage sale than a gun shop. Most of the stuff was dusty and dirty and the owners personal hygene needed serious help.

There's a place on 38th street called the Silver Bullet that is the nicest so far. It's small but it does not purport to be a gun shop. They are only a range. It's also no smoking which is a bonus for me.

The firing line is a nice place, the service is always great and the range is good. It always reeks of cigarettes though and I can't handle that.

Cherry Creek is outdoors and does have the crank system for retrieving targets but it's a pretty respectable range and has rifle and shotgun areas for those seeking to shoot something other than their handguns.

On a side note. The westword magazine/newspaper had a pretty good article about outdoor gun ranges in the denver valley and the move to make more of them available in the future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts