1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new Henry Golden Boy in .22 cal and I am going crazy. I have been looking EVERYWHERE in my city for .22 LR and I can't find a box, let alone a brick of this ammo. Having no problems keeping my .45's and 9's fed with reasonably priced ammo--but ZERO .22 out there. Are you having the same problems finding .22?

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I've been lucky enough to get it on a somewhat regular basis. 150 rounds a week for the past 3 weeks. Will be checking again tomorrow. I hope your luck changes & you can finally enjoy your new Henry.

·
Registered
343 Posts
It's that way where I live at to. I've managed to buy a couple thousand rds in the last few weeks. I am on vacation so I've had plenty of time to look for it. Cabelas had yellow jackets in stock today, you might want to check them out.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I am in S.D. pheasant hunting and stopped by a Walmart in Sioux Falls. I talked to the guy in the sporting goods department and he said 9mm and 45 was in good supply, but 22 was still scarce. A local hunter I talked to bragged he had guys in 3 sporting goods stores call him when 22 ammo came in and he and his friends went in and bough it all up. He thought it was pretty funny. Me, not so much.

Most 'in the know' think it will be next spring before it gets much better, but hard to say. My guess is that winter will slow things down a bit and it may ease up in some areas sooner. It's an irrational shortage, so there's no sense in trying to be rational about when it will end.

dakotaTex

·
Registered
808 Posts
It's still hit or miss around where I live as well. I manage to keep enough stocked for me and my boy's regular outings, but it's definitely not in stock every time you hit the shops.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Here in Harrisburg Pa. well it's outside of Harrisburg in Elizabethtown Pa. there is a gun shop called Trop Gun Shop and I was just down there on Monday and they had about 50 or more bricks of Federal 22 lr on the shelf. The price was $39.95 and I refuse to pay that for them, I'm lucky I have about 5 to 6 hundred rounds that I've had for the past 2 years or so. So I really don't need any right now. The reason these gun shops are selling for those kind of prices is guys are buying them. I will sacrafice a little shooting the 22 weapons for a little sanity. If they set on the shelf for a while, the price will come down. We as gun owners/shooter are setting the price buy giving in to them. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Resellers

Here in Chattanooga resellers are buying all the 22 ammo before anyone has a chance to purchase any. Walmart, Academy Sports, and other stores that sale ammo have resellers aligned up as much as 45 minutes before the stores open to be the first in line to get the 22 and normal price. They go from store to store. Even though each store limits purchase amount that does not stop them from grabbing it off the shelf. A flee marketer and his wife got all the Walmart 22 ammo they had the day I was there. I assume this crap goes on all over. That is what happening here.

I can reload and shoot 45 ACP way cheaper than buying from these robbers. I hope they have to eat it!

·
Registered
268 Posts
It's coming in more often I picked up 3 525ct and 6 50ct boxes last week the 50's were at 7:30 pm and the 525's @ 10am my girls and I have been lucky enough to shoot pretty much when we want. My 16 yo is now into the 9mm and AR over the 22 pistol and rifle, who can blame her.

The re-sellers are not in line at 7am anymore and the only line is on Saturday according to Wally world employees'

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just picked up 2,485 rds of 22lr! A very good day indeed!!
Also, picked up/received in the mail, another 1,200 rds this past week..

It is out there, you just have to be willing to look at all different types of places. I have no more than .07 per round in any order/purchase that I made. The above included about 1,100 rds of CCI MiniMags.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts