1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi ya'll,

I bought my blued NRM 1991A1 about a year ago and Colt did a trigger job on it when i sent it in for some warranty work (gratis, btw). It's a super trigger job. But, the trigger they put on it is very loose and rattles a lot. Plus it's a videcki style 3 hole.

My question:

I want to keep the trigger pull in it's current condition but I would like to swap out the actual trigger for one without any holes and that also fits better. SHould my local small town smith be able to take care of that? I'm not sure if this is a big effort or something that any halfway decent smithy can knock out.

Your thoughts?

·
Administrator
74,665 Posts
Your gunsmith should easily be able to install a new 3-hole trigger (Casull, Ed Brown, King's and Wilson make some good ones) that's tighter and without affecting the trigger pull.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Changing the trigger will affect pull weight *if* it needs fitting some polishing.

The trigger pad *may* need to be filed at the top and bottom a bit (or it will drag) and the bow *may* need to be fitted a bit to ride in the slots properly. You'll also want to "break" the edges on the trigger bow so they don't "dig" into the slots/channels in the frame, and polish the back side of the bow where the disconnector touches it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts