1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have praised this pistol to hell and back. I have actually helped my local dealer sell a couple due to my glowing reports! I have scoffed at some fo the posters here about their problems with SA, I figured it wasn't really "THAT BAD was it?"

well now.. I am in the "Gotta send it back" club.

My slide will not stay locked open. Upon careful inspection the slot in the slide where the slide lock locks up with the slide, the steel is worn DOWN! actually gone in places! so there is nothing for the slide lock to catch on.

I have been shooting competition with this pistol, and now I am getting screwed because the slide will not lock open after last round, so I lose valuable time doing relaods because I have to jack the slide each time.

Also, the sear is making noise as well. While bringing the hammer back you can hear a metallic "Clank" at about 1/4 stand on the hammer. Sounds like the mainspring slipping.

Gun still shoots fine and all, but for this sort of money, I want it right. And it has m,aybe 1400 rds. through it. I figured stainless would be stronger than this

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh yeah, one other thing..

the pin which hold the follower link to the barrel is worn to the point that when you pull the slide off, the pin falls out and you get the joy of a 20 minute search to fin it again.!

bah

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say I am dissapointed at this point, not disgruntled.

I have been told repeatedly that SA will make it right and make me happy. I will give them the opportunity before I flame them up.

if they can't make me happy.. well then.. maybe disgruntled would apply. I really want either a new Bushmaster or the SA M21 Scout M1A Rifle. If SA can't get this right for me, I will buy the Bush for less money, then sell the Ultra and use the money i saved on the M1A to buy myself a Wilson CQB.

I am not hard to please, I just hope they can please me

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Gunner?

Please don't take my misfortune and use it as an anvil to pound SA against to prove whatever point it is you are trying to make.

I dont appreciate it.

there is one in every crowd..

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
RobertWink, just out of curiousity, did you purchase your gun new? Slide releases on SA guns always seem to be hard to lower on empty guns from slidelock. Doesn't seem to be as noticeable with loaded magazines in the gun. The reason I say this is because I know an elderly fellow who "always" files on the slide release on his Springfields to make the slide release easier to "release". Problem is, he always files off so much as to make them totally unreliable. Just something I thought you might want to take a look at.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem Gunner,.Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.

and to the other fella.. the pistol was New in the box. And I have done no work to any of the metal on it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts