1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The words that inhabit the title of the thread are so profound to me at the moment. Can some of you fellas that own digital cameras give me a fix? I'm dying to see "Kobra." Sad but true, and I unashamedly proclaim my addiction.

Thanks in advance, Theo

PS--Husker you could even include one of your dollies. ;-)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Waiting

Theo I understand your pain. I've got delivery from Ed Brown on my SS Kobra Carry. Unfortunately it's stored away by my FFL until my dumb *ss state issues the necessary "purchase coupon" allowing transfer to me. That could take a mere 3 weeks or 3 months. The time it takes depends on when the county judges "feel like" signing them. My hope that's by the end of this month. I promise to post some images as soon as it's im my hands.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I used to live in NY. Up until last August. It was such a hassle I sold my pistols while still living there. I used a PA address to buy them, and left them in PA. Trying to get a pistol permit in NY is a hassle. I'm glad I now live in AZ where my rights are honored. It will be nice having a pistol again. :) This time I'll actually be able to use it!

Thanks, Theo :)

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scratchy, that's where I moved from. Actually I lived just outside of Binghamton in Windsor. I grew up in the Endwell/Endicott area. :)

Theo :-D

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the pic does help! Thanks!!!

Gratefully, Theo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hear that!

Gents,

I am over thirty days into my wait - and am patiently looking forward to the arrival of my full size stainless Kobra - in the interim - I have been stocking up on .45 ammo.

Thanks again to Damian for checking in!

Best,

Adam

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What brand of ammo you stockin' up on, pal?

Theo :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ammo deal

Theo,

I bought 1500 rds S & B, which I have had good luck with in my Gold Cup, and about 1000 of win white box (wally special value packs). I also have a few hundred Golden Sabre and Hydra Shok on the way. Do you have any good leads on deals?

What do the rest of you find works well in the Kobra?

Aj

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Holy crap! I guess you are stocking up. I figured you would say you bought a few hundred rounds of premium ammo. Planning on doing a little shooting, eh?

Theo :-D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Shooting

Theo,

I have gotten into (the expensive) hobby of combat/defensive shooting. IDPA, urban cowboy, as well as some local stuff, and will go through 300 or so rds of .45 a weekend (plus whatever 9mm I put through my Glock), and sometimes some shot (5 stand or trap).

I need to find a cheaper hobby - j/k

How about you?

Best,
Adam

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm planning on getting into 3 Gun. Sounds like fun. Will be picking up an AR in January.

·
Registered
33 Posts
good call

Theo -

That is something I have not yet tried, but look forward to. I have a Colt H-Bar, and have asked Aanta for an M4 upper to go along with it - for similar reasona. Plus here (in Illinois) there are a few training schools that give AR carbine (M4 or 9mm) courses - which sounds like alot of fun.

Consider youself lucky to be in Arizona - the gun laws here are terrible - I am very jealous of you guys out there.

Aj

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope, still waiting. Just past the half-way point of a full 90 day wait. I'm hoping it won't go the full 90, but who knows. I can't wait. I'm truly freaking in a subdued manner. It is very exciting.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Re: Shooting

Adawjohn said:
Theo,

I have gotten into (the expensive) hobby of combat/defensive shooting. IDPA, urban cowboy, as well as some local stuff, and will go through 300 or so rds of .45 a weekend (plus whatever 9mm I put through my Glock), and sometimes some shot (5 stand or trap).

I need to find a cheaper hobby - j/k

How about you?

Best,
Adam
Can you spell D-I-L-L-O-N?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I do reload on a single stage (usually Golden Sabre) - but with the availability of S&B and the wally word value packs for range work - it is not too unreasonable just to buy factory. I have been getting the S&B shipped at just under $9 - and it runs flawlessly.

But, since you bring it up, I have been considering a progrssive press from Dillon - what (minimally) is the way to go? the 500 / 600 series is where I was thinking - what do you gents use?

Theo - I am *hopefully* 2/3 weeks out and cannot wait. How much longer do you have?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts