1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
Prefer Commanders
3,277 Posts
It looks fantastic, I hope it meets all your expectations. I want to read all about your load development for this one. I have a DW Guardian in 38S on the way and a WC ULC PRO on order now in 38S too.

·
Super Moderator
17,025 Posts
Looking "Super"! Let us know how it performs for you. I got my retirement comped Pro ligthweight frame from them last year, and it is a dream to shoot. The break-in rounds were a box of 500 of their 125 gr. HAP because I didn't have any sitting around loaded and minimal components, but it shot them very well. I've been trying to find time to test some development loads last fall and this spring, but have had a minimum of opportunities to get the test shooting done. Yours looks like they did the metal prep work very well before the DLC was applied. Congrats!

Reactions: DubfromGa

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
OOOOh! I thought I was good on my Wilson stock until now. I don't have a 38 Super yet. Wow. I love it. As for the grip panels I love them both. If I were you I would trade them out and see which ones feel the best. I know, it is a tough job but someone has to do it.

Thanks for the pics. We love pics. I look forward to the range report.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congratulation also on the excellent pictures of your greatly looking pistol! DLC is beautiful and easy to clean. Both grips are very nice as well, I personally would stay with the smoother, less aggressive pair. Let us know how the combinations feel.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone.

I'm mighty excited. Was tickled that George could set me up with a .38 Super.

The X-Tac is a bit of an odd looking bird...and I made mine odder still with the top strap treatment. I discovered with the EDC X9 how much I appreciated the pattern....gripablity is assured, yet snag free on even the lightest clothing.

Really looking forward to the range time tomorrow. 🔫

I bought this gun with the plan for it being used for carry. The Trak patterned black cherry grips are more aggressive than I'd likely want rubbing against my side all day. The black starburst grips are slightly less aggressive and may be the better carry choice for me.

10+1 rounds with a pair of spares of some capable carry ammo and this one will be a wrap.

dub, you should save up and get some nice guns! :ROFLMAO:
That's actually a splendid idea. :LOL:

Some people hit their "mid-life crisis" time and they buy boats, motorcycles or sports cars, etc.

Me.....I'm just grateful my son is about to graduate in December with his masters.....is making more as a summer intern than I ever imagined and just received a job offer for post graduation timeframe. College is paid for....no debt. Mighty grateful his trajectory is very promising.

I'm at least 5 years prior to retirement....so these semi-custom guns are fitting my semi-retirement years. :)
House will be paid off by then....all that remains on my wishlist are a duck boat and fishing dogs to go along on my daily adventures.....'cause I'm too old to have misadventures.

I suppose my current "midlife crisis" toys all have triggers.

Some very sweet feeling triggers at that.

I haven't put a gauge on this one to confirm the weight......but whatever it reads is academic. The feel of this trigger break is crisp & clean and has me grinning. WC did well.

If I shoot poorly tomorrow the trigger can't be used as an excuse. :)

·
Super Moderator
17,025 Posts
Your XTAC Elite looks very much like the XTAC Supergrade they introduced 6 months or so after mine was made. Mine (XTAC Supergrade) has the XTAC grip frontstrap and one piece magwell pattern, along with the XTAC cocking serrations on the rear slide, but has the 30 lpi serrations on the top of slide. Other than that, yours looks like an XTAC Supergrade. Your going to love that Elite.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your XTAC Elite looks very much like the XTAC Supergrade they introduced 6 months or so after mine was made. Mine (XTAC Supergrade) has the XTAC grip frontstrap and one piece magwell pattern, along with the XTAC cocking serrations on the rear slide, but has the 30 lpi serrations on the top of slide. Other than that, yours looks like an XTAC Supergrade. Your going to love that Elite.

Thank you.

That's a great vote of confidence.

It really feels good in hand.....a statement that used to confound me years ago....a 1911 feels like a 1911, right ?

Over time I learned there was most assuredly a different fit to the hand offered by different guns, cuts & parts....oh, and finishes, too.

I've been impressed with the DLC on my Staccato. It's been subjected to polymer holsters and some unfriendly shooting conditions with high round count rapid fire sessions.

It cleans up easily and only the most subtle signs of wear are evident on the rails.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
when i order my next wilson it will be a commander x-tac 45 blacked out. i just wish i had ordered when they first came out.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Very nice looking gun. I retired 2 years ago and I am busier now than before I retired. Seems I am always rushing to get the normal chores done, mowing, vehicle maintenance, running errands. I do make time to get to the range 2-3 times a month. But the best benefit of retirement is I get to spend a lot more time with the grandsons.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts