1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked it up last night:

Novak night sights, 20lpi checkering on the frontstrap and of course, the bobtail. I hesitated doing this to my other guns, because I didn't know if I'd like it. I like it. The thumb safety is not stock.

And here's what I did with it at the range today:

5 shots into 3/4inch at 7 yards. Nice. What an awesome gun. :cool:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nice piece, the more I look at them C-Bob's the more I want to trade my 7 in on one(since the wife won't let me buy one outright)

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Shootcraps:

And here's what I did with it at the range today:
Wow, I am impressed. Thanks for posting the pics.

Take care,
Art

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Art. I was nervous on shots 4 and 5. "Man, that group is looking good. Don't screw it up!" Went through my mind. ;)

Dan Wessons are not easy to find. None of the stores here stock them. Even the store I bought my Pointman at (and also had a Razorback) hasn't ordered anymore because they don't sell. My Pointman was on the shelf for almost a year.

You might see one or two at the gun show. I've seen ONE used one for sale in the last year. I lucked out and found this one on glocktalk from a guy in Virginia.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Shootcraps, that's the gun I was directing another fella here to on the Sigfourm, the guy said he posted it on Glocktalk as well, you got a great deal, 4 mags if I remember, ambi safety and the guy said the trigger had been work over as well, he said he had a face to face sale Saturday, I'm glad it found a home with a board member here, she looks like a keeper and you got her for a STEAL. :D

Sorry Dbracin, fer dangling that in front of ya, it was quite the deal. I wish I had the money when I first saw it. All's well that ends well and I'm glad it got a good home. :rock:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks PhantomRider. I met him on Saturday and boy was it worth the trip. What a sweet gun. I really lucked out. It's safe and sound, nestled on the shelf next to my Dan Wesson Pointman 10MM. :rock:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Enjoy!!!

I ALMOST bought that very same gun...Ended up not having the $$ needed when it came to it...

Run a few mags for me would ya? :)

-d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts