1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wasn't sure if I would but I've got them on and they treat my short stubby fingers fine. :)

That's a S&W 1911 Scandium by the way (Commander) - Love this gun!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I love them as well brother.... They have a fantastic feel..

·
Banned
410 Posts
Did you have to replace the busings or screws? I bought think alumagrips for my little Kimber, but have not attempted to install them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
98_1LE said:
Did you have to replace the busings or screws? I bought think alumagrips for my little Kimber, but have not attempted to install them.
Yes, you need to install thin bushings and screws.

·
Registered
562 Posts
You'll need to change the bushings & screws. Be VERY careful removing the bushings...it is very easy to bugger the screwdriver slot in the bushing. Also be very careful about putting the new bushings in - you don't want to strip the threads on the frame.

There is a small chance that your bushings are staked - which means you will not be able to remove them. I remember reading that one or two 1911 manufacturers stake their bushings but don't remember which ones they are. Just be careful with it and you should be ok.

·
Banned
410 Posts
Thanks. Where can I get the bushings and screws? I will probably have a local smith do it just to be safe. I tend to be butterfingers when it comes to detail work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts