1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to have a firmer grip on my Para P13-45 Limited so I put a set of Hogue rubber finger-groove grips on it. They definitely provide better purchase, but I find they feel a little too large for comfort, especially on the around the front stra area. Are the ones made by Pearce, or any other manufacturer, any smaller/thinner?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
FWIW, My son had the Hogue's on his Kimber but I don't rember what they felt like. I ran a set of Pachmayr’s American legend grips

on my loaded Springer for about a year then switched to the Pearce grip finger groove insert with my factory grips about 2 weeks ago,

The Pearce grooves are smaller and feel much better, but now I have to find some thin grips to bring the width back down. It does not add that much but I can feel the differance. If you want the smaller groves, go for the Pearce but also look for some thin grips too

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yep the Pierce work well. They add about 1/16" per side under the grip.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Pachmayr’s American legend grips rule! Best I have ever used. They feel like my wifes shoulder filling the fingers softly but nice and firm when you go deeper to bone. It fills the hand making a "constant" grip that never changes.
Muscle memory kicks in after a few days and it all feels natural.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts