1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Massachusetts Sen. John F. Kerry accused Dean of going overboard by playing to the NRA. “I don’t think the Democratic Party should be the party of the NRA or walk away from our values for expedient political reasons,” Kerry said.

--No matter what they say on the trail, their position is the same. They don't want us to have guns. Period. Sen. Kerry's comment pretty much states, outright, that they want the same thing, but they're just going about it in a more subtle manner. The funny thing is, they don't even try to hide it.

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Whats funny is how Dean says that states like Vermont and Montana shouldnt have gun control forced on them whereas states like New Jersey and California should be able to have as much as they want.

In what way is the 2nd Amendment a local issue? Maybe he could comment on what the differences are between those states that make the residents of CA and NJ less deserving of gun rights. Here was a revealing quote as well:

"Indeed, the Democrats’ shift away from gun control is rooted more in politics than in a belief that gun laws do not help prevent crime and death, several Democrats said privately."

In other words they still think criminals obey gun control laws. They are still complete naive fools.

Since the only difference between states like Vermont or Montana and New Jersey and California is big cities with lots of minorities in NJ and CA you have to wonder if their belief in the equality of man is more of a political ploy than a reflection of their true belief as well - considering Deans comments which in my opinion is nothing but a slightly veiled racist statement. Not to mention their long standing and destructive welfare policy.

I dont think a Republican could get away with saying something like Dean said without the Demagogue Duo coming out in their $5000 suits calling them the next closest thing to a Klansman.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
They may be distancing themselves from the issue, or not talking about it, but that doesn't mean their positions or ideas on guns are any different. If they are not saying they support gun ownership rights, then they are not allies.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The only thing they're doing is changing their terminology so it doesn't sound so band. So "gun control" becomes "gun safety."

Kind of like Handgun Control, Inc. became the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Ownership, I mean Violence. The name changes, the objectives remain the same.

Even if the Democrat running in my district or state favored mandatory gun ownership, no permit to carry, rifle and pistol teams at every high school, and a free crate of the ammo of your choice just for filing your tax return, I wouldn't vote for him/her, for the simple reason that the senior leadership of the party is still gun-grabbers like Pelosi, Feinstein, Kennedy, and Schumer. A vote for any Democrat gives them more power. That outcome is not acceptable.

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Hey langenator... I see you are moving closer to your destination. Godspeed in your work over there my friend.

·
Registered
321 Posts
This is just "spin doctoring". I do not trust any one of them any further than I can throw them.

Indeed, the Democrats’ shift away from gun control is rooted more in politics than in a belief that gun laws do not help prevent crime and death, several Democrats said privately.
They don't believe that individual gun ownership is OK. They are agreeing because they know it is political suicide to do otherwise. If someone is willing to change their viewpoint just because it is politically expedient (aka “Slick Willy”), they are more dangerous than those who fight for their beliefs. If politician’s change colors this quickly, you will never know where they truly stand. And that means you can never trust them in a pinch.

But while they are in this mindset, let us take advantage of it. Push your reps to not only prevent more gun laws, let’s get some of the old ones relaxed.

Write and call your reps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts