1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a new carry pistol for my off duty time and I like the Hi Powers that I have seen. My question is which model do you think would be the best for carry? I want the SA trigger and I like the Browning Practical model, but what all should be done to it before it is carried? I was thinking sights and maybe new grips, but are there any reliability or user friendly mods that you would recomend? I'm a little new to Hi Power pistols since I have always carried Sigs and glocks as duty weapons.

Thanks.

·
Banned
976 Posts
i agree with checking out mr camp's site. it has been my experience that some hi powers may need a little trigger work , other than that they are ready to go right out of the box.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
FedDC, I am a firm believer in K.I.S.S. The attached photo is my FM/FN hybred and it works for me. Novak sights, Cylinder and Slide safety, trigger job, Hard dhrome by Virgil Tripp, and Navidrex grips. That is all I need. Regards, Richard:D

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
FedDC, I sometimes carry my FEG hi power off duty. To me the trigger pull on it with the mag disconnect in place is similiar to my G22 duty gun. It has been very reliable with almost any type of ammo I've fed it. The main difference is you now have the additional step of defeating the manual safety before you can discharge a round. You will need to practice this. However, in a off duty, CC mode you should have the element of surprize as long as you don't drop a dime on yourself too soon. Happy shopping!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts