1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
What is the average price to reload 1000 rounds in .45 not including press price? I'm trying to figure out if it's going to be cheapper then buying over inernet for about $200 shipped and would really appreciate if you can give me some feedback.
Thanks,
Igor

·
Registered
841 Posts
Depends on what components are used. The bullet is what is most expensive. I can get the 230gr FMJ bullets for about $50 per thousand locally and the 200gr lead SWC runs about $40 for the same quantity. Assuming powder runs $15 a pound and a load of 5.0gr per round that would come to $10.71 for a thousand rounds worth of powder. Primers can be had for $15 per thousand. Once fired brass is about $50 per K. So.....

With once fired brass and the 230gr FMJ it's $125.71
200gr LSWC=$115.71

With your own brass and the 230gr FMJ =$75.71
200gr LSWC=$65.71

With bulk bought components the prices will vary a bit, but somewhere around the listed prices will be close.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sheldon,
That is a good pricing for bullets, I've checked sites like MidwayUSA etc. and it came down to $70+ plus shipping for 230 FMJ.
Igor

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't figure in the cost of the brass for my reloads since the brass practically last forever. If you do figure in the cost, divide the cost of the brass by at least 5, depending on how well you're able to scrounge up your empties at the range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts