1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum and so far I'm loving it. I've been reading posts for a few days now so I decided to register
. I'm thinking of buying a used Kimber Pro CDP. Here is the gun description from the GUNSAMERICA.com:

Pro CDP $875.00 Like New in Box but Better! All the custom features you want(see the other ads for the lengthy descriptions.) Only 250 rounds down the pipe. Tritium sights, melt-down, rosewood, stainless slide, sweet action. Ugrades include stiffer recoil spring (24 lb, instead of stock 22 lb.), two wilson combat 8 rnd mags, and Galco holster. Also has two 8 rnd and one 7 rnd kimber mags, and spare 24 lb spring. Super Gun, but must sacrifice to raise $$. Over$1150 in this one, sell for $900.

Is this a good deal? Please post what you think. Thank you.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I paid about that for my Pro CDP new without the holster and mags, so it's probably a fair price. The question is, how paranoid are you about used equipment, especially if you don't get a chance to check it out first?

------------------
"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that that is where he is."
-- James Thurber

[This message has been edited by Terrato (edited 10-13-2001).]

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've bought through Gunsamerica but it's kind of a buyer beware situation. You are relying on someone you have never met to honestly represent the gun and despite the fact that he may say he will give you a money back inspection period, there's really not much you can do if he doesn't. It's really better to try and buy through a dealer than an individual as you have some assurance of the gun being represented fairly. Remember you have to pay shipping and a transfer fee when it arrives. Compare the total cost against what you can do on one locally and decide if the difference is worth taking a chance. I see many guns advertised that I can buy just as cheap from a local dealer.

·
Registered
352 Posts
flexer,

I'd buy a new pistol. I saw a Pro CDP in one of the local shops (Anchorage) for $889. Just my opinion.

DAW

------------------
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you."-- Benjamin Franklin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts