1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am losing my mind. I bought a new Para P-14 LTD and proceeded to customize it. I'm talking new trigger, beavertail, mainspring housing, mag release, grip screws, and last but not least, had the crappy matte frame deep blued. I have the gun just the way I want it, but I cannot stop thinking that I should have bought Springfield. A shooting buddy just bought a Trophy, and that just threw everything to question. So here I sit debating trading or selling my Para to get either a Trophy or TRP. Am I crazy? Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
684 Posts
Does the single stacks fit your hand better? Get whatever feels best for you. If you don't have small hands but just like the single stack, keep the Para and buy another 1911 -- most on the forum have more than one (heck, probably more than 3 each)!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a TRP in Armory Coat and love it. I have been away from the 1911 scene for about 10 years and have been really impressed with the quality of the 1911 offered now. I have a few of the Springfield guns, a loaded in 9mm and .40. I have Trophy Match on the way and can't wait. I would probably go with the TRP in the Armory Coat, you will really be happy with it. I was going to get another TRP, but decided to go with the Trophy Match because it was a little different, and had adjustable sights. I am happy with mine, but have only had the Para in a P13, with and alloy frame and didn't shoot it much. It was pretty much stock.

Good luck, it could be worse, you could be liberal and hate guns.

Steve

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Get both!

Or just make yourself wait until you shoot atleast a 1000 rnds through your Para before you trade it off. Is there something that you don"t like about the Para?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Send the Para to SA for the TRP treatment!

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I went and did it. The Para has been traded on a Stainless Trophy Match. Can't wait til it gets here. Hopefully in time for this weekends PPC match.

Be Safe
Mike

·
Registered
645 Posts
Keep the Para P-14, and get a P-16-40, too, to keep it company. Then get the Springfield with a Kimber and a Colt to keep it company.

You don't have to do it all at once, take a year or two.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I traded my ParaOrd P10-45 for an UltraCompact. The Para was OK, but it just wasn't "bitchin" like the SA. Now I have an UltraCompact and a MilSpec.

Springfield makes the best 1911.

------------------
What part of "shall not be infringed" needs 'splainin' ???
----------------------------------------------------------------
PowderBurns Black Powder / Muzzle Loader Forum

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well shot the Trophy in a PPC plate match today. Managed a 4.8 sec time on 5 plates and a 3.1 on the 3 plate. I had a blast w/ this gun. Can't wait til the next match.

Be Safe
Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts